Chapter 56

(Y/n)'s POV

Days had gone by and both Trigger and IDOLiSH7 only got busier and busier. Our idle days were over. It was tough running around, helping out with two idol groups but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anesagi rested her chin on her palm as we stood in silence, watching as various makeup artists and hair stylists got Trigger ready for their photoshoot. They were tired, we all were...but all we could do was move along like everyone else.

"You have bags under your eyes, (Y/n)," Anesagi exclaimed.
"So do you."
"Eh? Oh wait, you were joking. Unlike you, I take good care of my body."
"So do I."
"Mmhmm, I can see that."
"I'm functioning. That's all that matters."
"And if you collapse? What then?"
"If, Anesagi, if. I'm not that weak."
"You still have to head to that other group, right? You've been going back and forth everyday."
"I'm used to it. Everyone's trying-"
"I get that, but please think about your stubborn brother's mentality. He's been clashing with your father."

I flashed a smirk, smacking her lightly on the arm and offered a nonchalant comment. A quiet sigh left her lips before she waved it off as nothing. I was still me...but I wasn't. Not on the inside.

IDOLiSH7 had had several filming sessions these past few days, and it wasn't a lie to say that they were having trouble. Yamato was an acting genius yet some of the others were struggling.

I offered to help, yet I was never given the chance to. By the time their days finished, they were all too tired. Tired yet...Iori had met up with Naomi almost everyday, claiming that they needed to understand each other more in order to fulfil their roles.

"Yo, what are you spacing out for?" Gaku-nii asked.
"No reason. Are you guys finished?"
"We're on our break. Come on, I'm hungry. Let's go get some lunch."
"What about Tenn and Ryuu?"
"Ryuu's waiting outside. Tenn's not coming, said he wanted to practise or something."

I nodded and cocked my head towards the door. Waving goodbye to Anesagi, I followed my brother to the entrance of the building. Taking a hold of his hand, we walked on without a word.

Ryuu waved, to which I smiled back. Gaku-nii suggested we go to his granddad's soba place and neither Ryuu nor I had any complaints about that.

Naomi's POV

I walked alongside Iori and Tamaki as we decided on a place to go eat lunch. The others had decided to stay behind to practise. As we walked past a studio, I spotted (Y/n).

My hand wavered. Was that...Trigger's Yaotome Gaku? Along with Tsunashi Ryuunosuke? How did she know them? I continued to watch as they crossed the road and disappeared.

"Hey, was that (Y/n) just now?"
"Yeah," Tamaki replied.
"Why was she..."
"Gaku's her brother."
"Eh?! What?!"
"Wait, you didn't know?"

He immediately shut his mouth upon seeing my dumbstruck face. Beside me, Iori let out a frustrated sigh. (Y/n) had to have a reason...right? I mean, I just assumed that her mother's husband was her father but...

"Did you both know about it?"
"...we all do," answered Iori.
"Why didn't she tell me?..."
"I don't think she thought it was necessary."
"But we're friends!"
"(Y/n)-chan isn't someone who would disregard someone's feelings," Tamaki said quietly.
"You're right. I was just surprised...sorry."
"Let's go then," Iori exclaimed.

I silently followed the two as they led me into a bustling street filled with restaurants and small businesses. A sense of nostalgia clogged my head as the sweet aromas of delicious food permeated the air.

Iori's hand brushed against my own. My skin tingled, igniting sparks where we made contact. He seemed to think nothing of it yet my heart had thumped vigorously.

Tamaki pointed down the street. Iori replied with a simple nod, much to my confusion. Was there a good restaurant near the unpopulated end? Without a second thought, I followed in their trail before we arrived at a soba restaurant.

I spotted (Y/n) in the corner as soon as I walked in. Her mouth curved into a smile as bright laughter escaped her lips. She really did have a powerful aura around her...

She sat beside her brother while the taller male sat directly in front. I jumped as Tamaki grabbed my sleeve and pulled me to the trio with a casual grin.

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)-chan!"

I turned my head and saw Tamaki coming over with Iori and Naomi. I scooted over as he took the seat beside me while the other two hesitantly sat beside Ryuu.

"You guys on your lunch break?"
"Yep," replied Tamaki.
"Ah, Naomi-"
"Don't worry, I heard. Tamaki let it slip that you and Yaotome Gaku were siblings. So your biological father is the president of Yaotome Productions..." she exclaimed.
"You're upset."
"No I'm not."
"Sure you aren't."

I offered a small smile yet her smile was somewhat forced. It didn't reach her eyes nor did they shine with the vivid brightness that seemed to surround her.

"Hey you," Gaku-nii called.
"Y-yeah?" she asked, surprised that he was talking to her.
"Are you her friend?"
"Yeah."
"How long have you known her for?"
"Not long but-"
"Then don't-"
"Gaku-nii, shut it. I don't need you giving every stranger that you come across a giant lecture on how to treat me. I'm not a kid anymore."
"Tch, whatever you say, your highness."

He scoffed and turned his attention away from me. Yet I still found myself finding the warmth of his hand beneath the table. His fingers tightened around mine.

Naomi finally let out a laugh upon seeing our light bickering. Iori continued to stare at the girl beside me, causing my heart to rip. He really seemed to have grown fond of her...not that it mattered to me...

"I always thought that celebrities were hard to approach but you all seem like a family..." commented Naomi.
"We're just normal people," Ryuu replied.
"I'm glad...Naomi...truly glad. Don't make me worry like that..."

Gaku-nii tightened his grip before Tamaki also grasped my other hand and gave a tight squeeze.