Chapter 50

(Y/n)'s POV

~After your trip to Okinawa~

The boys had been given a day off in order to freshen up for their upcoming events, and the busy schedule I would be planning for them. Tsumugi and I were currently in the office, deciding on concert venues and organising dates.

Although their concert in Okinawa proved to be better than our expectations, I needed them to push past their limits. They needed to experience what it was like to be in the face of difficulty and the brink of collapse. They needed to overcome these challenges.

"Hey Takanashi-san, call for you," said a staff member.
"Okay, coming!"

I drummed my fingers against the desk, staring at the computer screen in front of me. This venue was just a standard arena, nothing too out there yet it wasn't exactly the smallest either.

In order to attract more people, in order to raise their popularity, something different would be needed...something...innovative. Holographic projections? Having them dance within a manipulated environment would be interesting.

"(Y-(Y/n), Director Izuki Haruto (made-up character) wants to cast IDOLiSH7 in a drama!" Tsumugi exclaimed.
"Eh?! The Director Izuki Haruto?"
"Yes! He says he wants to evolve the drama around the life of IDOLiSH7 and their careers as idols but with a romantic twist."
"So? Did you accept the offer?"
"O-of course!"
"Great. We'll need to fix that into their schedule."
"Already on it."

She sat down in her seat and immediately set to work. A small smile graced my face. Her father was lucky to have such a dedicated daughter. I stretched my arms before tapping the keyboard to wake the computer, and once again began to sort out concerts and dates for events.

Gaku's POV

The aromatic smell of marinated salmon and miso soup permeated our dorms. I remained in my bed, staring at the ceiling...thinking. (Y/n) seemed distracted, and I was worried. Why did she seem distant? What happened?

I clenched my fists. That girl never revealed when she was hurting. It was always the other person that had to reveal her pain. Why couldn't she understand that I... Was she afraid of being left alone?...

"Gaku, Tenn, I made breakfast!" Ryuu exclaimed.

Yawning, I hopped off my bed and threw a loose shirt on before going to the kitchen. Ryuu greeted Tenn and I with a simple 'morning' as we sat down by the table.

"Anesagi texted me saying we have a busy schedule coming up," Tenn said.
"*sigh* Of course we do."
"Well, we better enjoy this day off."

The doorbell rang, startling the three of us. Who would visit us this early in the morning? We weren't expecting anyone. The two looked at me with expectant eyes, making me sigh in desperation.

I reached the door and opened it, only to be greeted with a ray of sunshine and cheerfulness too bright for me this early. I raised an eyebrow, expecting him to explain why he was here.

"Is (Y/n)-chan here?" Momo asked.
"She's at work. Why?"
"Oh...I was hoping we could hang out. I even brought Yuki along."
"Who is it?" Ryuu asked from the kitchen.
"Hi Ryuu! It's Momo and Yuki!"
"Oh, why don't you come in and have some breakfast? There's still some leftover."
"Really?-"
"No Momo. Sorry for intruding, we'll be leaving now," said Yuki.
"No, don't worry. You won't be bothering us. Please come in and have some," Ryuu exclaimed as he came around to the front door.

I moved aside, raising an eyebrow as they contemplated whether to come in or not. Momo thanked us before pushing Yuki inside, sitting himself beside Tenn.

Ryuu and I followed in silence, content to let our guests talk with Tenn. Momo's eyes suddenly turned towards me, catching my gaze from the other side of the table.

His mouth curved into a nonchalant smirk as a presumably ridiculous idea popped into his head. Just as I expected, he called for my attention and smiled brightly as I answered with a simple 'what'.

"Let's go visit (Y/n)-chan!" he suggested happily.
"No."
"Aww, why not?"
"She's at work, working."
"Yeah I know but..."
"And besides, today's our day off. Why the hell would I use it to visit my sister who I see everyday?"
"Ugh, fine. I'll just go with Yuki then. I wanna help her," he stated simply.

~Some time later~

Momo offered a cheerful grin paired with a friendly greeting as everyone in the office stared at us with wide eyes and open mouths. I internally groaned, wondering how I had gotten myself convinced to come along.

Both Ryuu and Tenn had already planned their day out, and so I was the only one being dragged along. (Y/n)'s eyes held a question although her actions said otherwise.

She apologised to her coworkers for the disruption with the grace of an businesswoman and shooed us into the hallway. I could only gesture towards the two beside me as (Y/n) asked why we were here.

"What work are you doing? We can help," said Momo.
"*smiles* Thanks but I'm fine. We're just finalising some things with IDOLiSH7's schedule," she replied.
"Oh yeah, speaking of IDOLiSH7, they released a new music video just a day ago, didn't they?"
"Yeah, you saw it?"
"Yep! I like the song. It's very catchy."
"Heh, I'll let them know."
"Don't worry about that, (Y/n)-chan. We can just go see them ourselves."
"Eh?"

I watched as she called them to make sure us going to their dorms was okay. She held a thumbs up as a gentle smile graced her face. I tensed ever so slightly before playfully ruffling her hair as she gave me a side hug.

Momo, noticing this, immediately pulled us both into a suffocating group hug as Yuki let out a small sigh. I managed to pull myself out of his iron grip before shooting him an annoyed look.

"See you later."
"Bye Gaku-nii. Have fun, Momo, Yuki."
"Sure (Y/n)-chan!"
"Well then, see you later," Yuki farewelled.

We turned just as a few female staff members squealed and hid behind the door. Both Momo and Yuki offered kind smiles while I simply flashed a quick glance as we walked past.

"U-um! G-Gaku-san?" a young staff member called.
"Yeah?"
"I um I'm a very big fan of yours! I-I like all of Trigger's songs...um, please accept this!"

She held out a letter with decorations running down the length of the paper. I hesitated. I had received tons of fan mail yet none that I had taken personally. I knew that this girl would have included her contact details, hoping for a possible relationship. I didn't want to give her false hope.

'Accept it,' (Y/n) mouthed. I reached out to grab the letter as the girl beamed brightly. She rushed back to her friends as I turned to leave with Momo and Yuki.