Chapter 42

(Y/n)'s POV

~A few days later~

A bright blue sky spotted with big fluffy clouds. An endless void of eternal sunlight. No life, only stillness. I leaned my chin against my hand and continued to stare out the small window.

"Why are the seats so small?" Nagi complained.
"Don't tell me this is your first time on economy..." Yamato said.
"*sigh* The worries of rich people," commented Mitsuki.

A ghost of a smile crossed my face as I listened to their light bantering. Our flight was already halfway over and it was an understatement to say I wasn't bored. I had opted to finish my work yet it proved to be over fairly quickly.

"Hey (Y/n), have you been on business or first class before?" Tsumugi asked.
"Yeah, this is actually my first time on economy too."
"Eh?! Lucky..."
"This must be quite stuffy for you," Sogo exclaimed.
"No, this is fine-"
"Fine? Next time, I'm taking you all on business," Nagi cut in.
"You must be from a rich family."
"Why did you come with us? Trigger's also going to Okinawa, aren't they?" Riku asked.
"Did you think I was so heartless as to leave you guys because of personal reasons?"
"N-no, that's..."
"Don't worry, I get what you mean."

A tall man with terrible body odour took the empty seat beside me. I forced myself not to seem nauseous and immediately turned my gaze away from the unhygienic man.

A loud burp erupted from his mouth, drenching the air with a putrid smell of sour onions and rotten sausages. This time, I couldn't help but cough in order to hide the gag I was holding back.

He tapped my shoulder. I turned around, facing him with a simple smile as he held out a few expired mints. I politely declined but he dumped them in my lap regardless.

"Excuse me, sir. Would you be able to move?" Iori asked as he made his way over.
"Why? Gotta problem?"
"That is actually my seat. I simply moved to speak to my friend for a bit."
"Well then, you shouldn't have moved. It was too stuffy back there so I thought a seat here next to this nice little lady would be good."
"Hey mister, it's not nice to ruin their relationship. I mean, if I had a girlfriend, I'd definitely do everything to keep her from harm," exclaimed a boy who had just happened to witness everything on his way back from the toilet.

I found myself smiling, awed by the young boy's bravery and heartfelt words. The man grunted but made no move to get up nor reply. What a rude person.

"My daddy always protects my mummy, so why won't you let him protect his girlfriend?" the boy asked innocently.
"Don't get into others' businesses," the man growled.

The boy picked the mints from my lap and threw them back at the man while running away.

"Take that!"

He had attracted everyone's attention. Looks of disdain and disgust were thrown at the rude man, who reluctantly left the seat, unable to face the pressure of the majority. I breathed a sigh of relief before Iori hesitantly sat down beside me.

A bright smile graced my face as I gratefully thanked him. He muttered a simple 'you're welcome' before averting his eyes, staring at my hand on the armrest instead. I quickly moved, thinking that he wanted to put his arm there.

"Sorry."
"Hey Iori, why don't you hold her hand since you're her boyfriend?" Mitsuki teased.
"Niisan, before teasing me about my love life, why don't you try to look more like a grownup first?"
"Oi!"

I giggled. While the others returned to their conversations, I felt Iori's hand slide over mine yet his gaze was casted elsewhere. The slight tinge of red on his cheeks brought life to his face. I interlaced my fingers with his, wanting to enjoy his warmth.

~When you arrive~

We had arrived in the lobby of the hotel we'd be staying in. The rest of us watched as Trigger walked past, seemingly not noticing our presence. I mentally sighed as a woman caught onto Ryuu's arm, desperate to seduce him.

He struggled to get out of her grasp, spotting me as he turned around to find some kind of distraction. I nodded once seeing his pleading yet apologetic expression.

This wasn't the first time something like this has happened. I took out my sunglasses and asked Tamaki for his cap. Swiftly tying my hair into two low pigtails, I placed the cap on my head and pulled the sunglasses on.

"Eh, Ryuu-chan, I thought you weren't going to date anyone and here you are, with a woman trying to claim you as her own."
"Ah, C-Chizuru, what are you doing here?"
"I'm here for my photoshoot."

Grabbing his other arm, I subtly pulled him into my hold, startling the woman. She fumed, her anger being directed at me. I pouted and tilted my head in confusion.

"Who are you?" she asked menacingly.
"Sorry, I didn't think we'd be exchanging contact info. I'm Tsunashi Chizuru, Ryuu-chan's cousin."
"Oh! Please forgive my bluntness..."
"Are you trying to get Ryuu-chan to date you?"
"Yes, you see, I've been trying for a while. We're already well acquainted-"
"Ne, Ryuu-chan can't be hurt. If you keep on lying, I'll get upset and tell my dad about this."
"W-what? But-"
"Well then, let's go, Ryuu-chan. You'll be late."

I pulled him away from the bewildered woman, who was still trying to get her head around what had just happened. Gaku-nii and Tenn were waiting by the elevators, motioning for us to hurry up.

I turned around only to see Tsumugi give me the thumbs up. The others smiled and waved before the elevator doors closed. I let myself lean against the wall as the elevator headed to the top floor.

"Thanks (Y/n)," Ryuu said.
"No problem. Just be more careful next time."
"Heh, okay."
"By the way, why don't you have Tenn teach you how to behave around crazy fans?"
"What?"
"And put on a pretentious smile? Give me a break," Gaku-nii muttered.
"Tch, party pooper. Anyway, I heard from Anesagi that you guys rented the whole top floor."
"Yeah because Ryuu's stepdad owns this hotel," Tenn replied.
"Hmm, interesting."