Chapter 35

(Y/n)'s POV

"Yes, thank you. That'll be great."
"No, thank you. The children are really grateful that Trigger performed for them," said the director.
"Haha, I'll definitely let them know."
"Yes, please. Well then."
"Alright, I'm sure you're busy looking after the children."
"Yeah, let's talk sometime later."
"Okay, bye."

I hung up before picking up the documents on the bedside table. Task number one: completed. The several other tasks...unfinished. With a resolved mind, I set off completing the paperwork.

The documents filled up with writing and signatures as I worked my way through the pile, making occasional calls and arranging various meetings.

The doors to my hospital room slid open as Iori and Tamaki came inside. Flashing a quick smile as a small greeting, I coaxed the receiver's doubts into needless fear that didn't deserve his attention.

A short while later, he was ready to acquiesce to all the details and small requests I had made. A frown tugged at my mouth as I realised that I was no different from my father.

"You were kidnapped, and your body's injured. We came to visit you, expecting a normal patient and we find you working like your life depends on it," Iori exclaimed.
"Just because I have these minor injuries doesn't mean I can relax."
"You're supposed to be resting," Tamaki said.
"I know how to handle myself. I've been in this business much longer than you have. Oh, did Tsumugi ask you to bring something for me?"
"Yeah."

Iori held up a bag, moving it out of reach just as I went to grab it. I raised an eyebrow, but he simply smiled innocently and set the bag on the far end of the room. Hoping to cease the fire, Tamaki pulled out a cup of iced coffee and passed it into my hands.

"I thought you'd want something to drink."
"Thanks."
"Also, here."
"Kind pudding? But I thought-"
"(Y/n)-chan, stop arguing and take it already."

He took off the lid and held a spoonful out for me. A faint blush coated my cheeks as he fed me the pudding, seemingly thinking nothing of the occurrence. I hesitantly opened my mouth as he continued to feed me the rest.

I sent a playful glare towards the male as he ruffled my hair before dumping the container in the bin. Tamaki ignored my annoyance, checking his phone as a notification appeared on the screen.

"Well, I'm gonna head off now. There's a big king pudding sale," he exclaimed.
"Alright, bye. Good luck."

He rushed off, leaving me alone with Iori. I put down the iced coffee before standing up, testing my strength. Iori immediately blocked my path to the bag. I avoided his body, only to have him sneak an arm around my waist from behind.

"There's just more work in that bag, isn't there?" he asked, his low tone sending a passionate chill down my spine.
"Iori-"
"You need to rest."
"I have a tough body. I've already recovered."
"Oh really?"

I winced as his hand touched a tender bruise on my arm. Although I couldn't see his face, I knew that he had a triumphant expression. It was then that I realised the close proximity of his body.

The feeling of his arm around my waist. The way his breath made goosebumps appear on my skin. My heart skipped a beat as I blushed. I silently took a deep breath, not wanting him to notice.

"Nervous?" he asked.
"Me? I can hear your nervous heartbeat. Tell me why you're so nervous."
"I'm not nervous."
"You're lying."

He let go of me. I turned around to face him, only to have him avert his gaze. The door suddenly opened as the members of Trigger walked in. I smiled brightly, seeing Tenn and Ryuu return the gesture.

"Well, dad got you moved to a private suite room. What a surprise," Gaku-nii commented.
"He claimed that it was for the purpose of maintaining privacy."
"Are we interrupting?" asked Tenn.
"No, I was just about to leave," replied Iori.
"Hey-"
"See you later, (L/n)-san."

No one's POV

Iori sent a small smile towards the girl before shutting the door behind him. There was no way he could start a relationship with her, much less make her fall in love with him. She was far beyond his reach.

Trigger had a powerful aura that he couldn't even begin to compare himself to. She was friends with Japan's most famous idols and had countless connections due to her upbringing. He found that he stood no chance despite the fact that in that moment with her, he believed he did.

Meanwhile, Gaku had lifted his sister up and tucked her into bed, refusing to let her work. Tenn and Ryuu watched in amusement as the two bickered like small children.

Gaku sat down on her bed, taking a sip from the iced coffee on the table. (Y/n) sighed before taking it from his outstretched hand, and drank the half that was left after her brother's 'sip'.

"You've recovered rather quickly," commented Tenn.
"Yep, the doctor says I can be discharged tomorrow."
"You sure you're okay?" Gaku asked.
"I'm sure."
"She's arguing with you like she normally does. I think that's enough proof," said Ryuu.
"Apart from the small bruises, I'm fine."
"So is all this work?" Tenn asked as he gestured to the bag and paperwork on the table.
"Yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to finish them yet."

(Y/n) noticed two nurses looking inside through the window on the door. Ryuu followed her gaze from the couch he was sitting on and offered a polite smile to the young girls. They seemed to hold in their fangirling before scurrying away.

"I don't think you guys should stay here for long," (Y/n) commented.
"We brought you some dinner," Ryuu exclaimed as he held up a bag.
"Oh, you guys really didn't have to."
"Just be grateful and take the food, will you?" Gaku asked.
"Fine, fine, worrisome brother of mine."

The girl cracked a smile as her brother heaved a sigh.