𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮- mileven (pt.1)

word count:
1257

warnings:
angst (in the beginning of this mini series), arguing... ??

summary: it doesn't take a genius to see that mike and el hate each other. and the party is sick of it. especially will. so together they form a plan to hopefully bring mike and el closer to be friends (or maybe more) but will a plan scrawled on a piece of notebook paper with 4 exasperated teenagers behind the scenes bring them together?

a/n: this wasn't requested but i have some more requests coming up. but here's yet another mini series, so enjoy 💙- ALSO: HOPPER IS ALIVE IN THIS SERIES BC I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE MAY BE DEAD SO DONT ASK THIS IS MY SERIES LEAVE ME ALONE. thanks :)
{enemies to lovers au}
{set before s3, but after s2- ignore past mileven moments, but some new/ones in s3 will happen}

✧✧✧

It wasn't a secret to anyone that Mike and Eleven hated each other.

The glares, the constant fighting over the tiniest of things, the determination on both ends to beat the other, the looks in their eyes. They clearly were not anything close to friends.

And it annoyed the fuck out of the rest of the party.

Mike and Eleven were both members of the party; they had met through their mutual friend, Lucas. As soon as they met, it was clear that a friendship between them would be the last thing they would attempt to make.

Will, Dustin, Lucas, and Max all tried constantly to get them to at least be civil with each other, but all attempts made their annoyance with each other grow.

Will had suggested a sleepover at his house. It resulted with Eleven smashing a pillow so hard against Mike's face that he was nearly planted into the bed. They both slept far from each other that night.

Dustin has suggested a study group at the library. The group was ushered out of the library after Mike and Eleven had started to throw books at each other, embarrassing the party. Dustin hadn't gone back to the library since.

Max had suggested a night at the arcade. Soon after, Mike and Eleven were constantly competing with each other to beat the other's top score. Eleven had even started throwing her prizes at Mike's face, claiming that it was a bullseye when she smacked a plush bear into his eye. Keith wasn't a very chill person when he found out.

And Lucas had suggested a walk along the train tracks to explore the woods. It had started well, until Mike had tripped Eleven, to which she didn't hold back from sending a sharp right hook to the side of his head. Mike went home with a busted nose and bruised ego that night.

It was exhausting to all the others to watch their friends continue to bicker. It had started to make a split in the group's friendship as well. Lucas and Dustin obviously sided with Mike, though they loved El, simply because they hung out most. Will and Max had sided with El since they both valued her so much (and not to mention they were a little frightened by her.)

Even Steve, Nancy, and Jonathon has noticed the tension between the group. Nancy, obviously, knew firsthand from the constant complaint from her little brother about "that bitch El" and the constant rants of what she did. Jonathon found out next when Will confided in why their group was so tense. Steve was last to notice, bless his heart, because sometimes he was as observant as a brick wall.

Mike and El competed with everything they did. Who could get the most amount of answers correct when called on, who scored higher on their quizzes (Mike usually took this victory for science, but El continuously bested him in history), who could get to class first, everything was a competition between the two!