𝟏𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬- mileven

word count:
3180 (oops)

warnings:
swearing as always, FLUFFFFFFF

summary: in which mike decides to buy a gift for each twelve days of christmas for el, but el gives him one of the greatest gifts on the twelfth day

a/n: so i decided to post this later on christmas (for some of you guys it's the next day) so i didn't interrupt any big family events, but i wish you a merry christmas/ hope you had a great day, and to those who don't celebrate christmas, i hope you're having a great holiday time and enjoyed your day 💙💙

✧✧✧

DAY ONE

"Babe!!" Mike's soft and groggy voice, still burdened with his few hours of sleep, came from the kitchen.

El perked up from her spot in front of the fireplace, just having finished decorating their living room. "Yeah?" She called back, taking a small step back to admire her work.

"Can you come to the kitchen, I got something for you!" Mike rubbed his hands together to reduce his nerves.

Mike has decided to be his cliche self and give El a special gift for each 12 days of Christmas. The first gift he had for his girl was a beautiful amethyst necklace that he remembered she loved when they went shopping for Max's birthday. Sure, it was expensive, but Mike decided that El deserved a gift per day to at least attempt repaying her for making him incredibly happy.

El then stepped into the kitchen, causing Mike to whip his head up at the sound of the floorboard creaking.

His heart almost stopped. He had seen her around all day, seeing as he got the honour of waking up next to her, but seeing her still made his heart melt, even after 5 years of dating. She was wearing a Christmas sweater (that was, to put it gently, not very pleasing to look at, but El made it look amazing) that ended at her knees, knee high socks covered in small snowmen, and reindeer ears placed gently on her curly hair.

"What did you need, Mike?" she asked sweetly, and Mike smiled crookedly.

He shakily handed her the gift, wrapped in snowflake wrapping paper. She smiled, but her eyebrows furrowed together.

"Just open it, love."

El's fingers traced along the wrapping, finding the tape and pulling it apart. She slipped the box out of the wrapping paper, and then opened it slowly. She gasped, as small tears pricked her eyes.

"Mike..." she met his gaze, his eyes sparkling in adoration and love.

"You remembered." She whispered, dropping her gaze back to the necklace and admiring it.

"Here." Mike stepped behind her, gently taking the necklace out of the box and clasping it around her neck before placing a soft kiss on her neck.

"I love it Mike. Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love."

DAY TWO

"Knock, knock, love." Mike softly said as he entered their shared room. El groggily lifted her head from her side of the bed, her hair a curly mess and her eyes glazed in exhaustion, but still radiating in beauty.