𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩, 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬- mileven (pt. 2)

word count:
1241

warnings:
swearing, little touch of angst, awkward teens, BAD WRITING 😔

summary: fake dating isn't always just fake

a/n: you guys seemed to really enjoy part one so here's part two !! also, heads-up: i'm planning on making the series around 7-8 parts long i could end it later or earlier but that's my estimate for now 😌
{MODERN AU}

✧✧✧

"I'm sorry but what were you thinking when you said that?" Mike exclaimed, his voice echoing in the empty hallway.

"I was just trying to help you out." El responds, shyly tucking her hair behind her ear. (omg it's debby ryan)

"I appreciate that, but come on? A guy like me would never pass for your boyfriend." Mike irritatedly runs a hand through his hair.

"What's that supposed to mean?" El crosses her arms defensively, raising an eyebrow at the flushed boy.

"Look. You're the most popular girl in school. Everyone knows and likes you. You're smart, you're beautiful, you're kind, you're just amazing. You are at a level that guys like me just can't ever compare to. Girls like you would never date guys like me."

"I'm not some sort of goddess, mind you. I'm a human being just like everyone else. But since you clearly don't seem so thrilled by this, I'll tell you what. We'll fake date until the school dance, alright. Troy will be convinced and will lay off on you, and at the dance we'll stage a breakup."

Mike considers the plan, nervously picking at his nails.

"You mean we'll go to the dance together?"

"Yes, stupid. Now are you in or not?"

"Fine... any rules?"

"Just don't see other people for the time being I guess. Wouldn't want anyone to think we're unfaithful." El shrugs.

"Like I'd want anyone else." Mike mumbles, coughing at the end to cover it up.

Either El heard him and chose to ignore it, or she didn't.

"Deal." Mike reaches out his hand, to which El quickly shakes in return.

The bell abruptly rings, alerting the two teenagers.

"I'll see you in history, I'll give you my number then." El states, beginning to walk in the other direction towards her class.

"Yeah. Okay. Sure. Cool." Mike waits until El is out of sight before letting out a frustrated groan.

"Nice going, dipshit." Mike mumbles to himself, before quickly rushing to his science class to not be late.

✧✧✧

During their last period of the day, El had slipped a piece of paper with her phone number to Mike while the teacher droned on about their history lesson for the day.

Mike smiled nervously at her, unfolding the paper and sneaking his phone out of his back pocket. He entered her number into his phone, and decided to be brave and send a simple "hi" text to her.

She quickly replied "hello :))" and even though the text was simple, it made Mike's heart flutter.

"can we meet up after school at the front to get to know each other?"

Mike's eyes slightly widened at the text.

"yeah ofc 😌 where do you wanna hang out?"

"i know this really nice coffee shop just a few blocks away. we can grab a coffee and get to know each other"