Sunday Mornings With A Cup of Tea..Part 1

A/N -  just a reminder I don't always stick to precise timelines in my story when I am using facts.  This chapter was written on 24 November.  I hope you find it a nice way to remember our dear Freddie.  It was written with love...

Roger's POV

I woke up needing to pee.  I rolled over to contemplate getting up and noticed the bedroom door was closed.  I found it strange since we never close the door.  I hoped Squeaky had not got trapped inside the bedroom and slowly got up from the bed.  Brian was turned the other way and was snoring softly.  I didn't see the cat anywhere and walked over and opened the door.  I went and used the toilet and washed my hands.  I shuffled back to bed and crawled back under the covers.  I had caught a chill being up and moved closer to Brian in bed.  I got up against his back and slipped my arm over his side.  He was really warm and it helped me fall back asleep.

I woke up again and found Brian sitting up in bed reading his book. He appeared to be reading but it seemed like he was thinking about something else.  He looked deep in thought.  I watched him set the book down and put his arms behind his head as he peered out the window and sighed heavily.  Something was on his mind.  I moved to sit up and Brian noticed and smiled at me as I pulled the covers back from his lap and moved myself to straddle his legs and face him.

"You looked troubled.."  I told him as I leaned in to kiss him.  Hoping to clear away the worry on his face.  "What's got you frowning so early?"  I asked as Brian put his arms around my back to hold me.  

"Rog...."  Brian started to talk to me and he looked stressed.  I wanted to make him feel better so I interrupted him with a kiss.  He smiled at me.  I felt compelled to make him smile more and reached down and grabbed the bottom of my shirt and pulled it over my head.  Brian looked surprised at my movements and I went to reach for his shirt tail.  He put his hands over mine to stop me and chuckled at me.  "Stop babe..."  he told me and I frowned at him. 

"You don't want to feel better?"  I asked him and leaned in to kiss him again when I heard a knock on our bedroom door and jumped.  Brian held me in place as I looked at our closed bedroom door.  Who was here?

"We have a guest..."  he announced to me.  I turned to look at him.  "Fred stayed the night.."  he told me and I nodded in surprise at the news.  "We'll be out in a minute Fred!"  Brian shouted towards the door.

"See you downstairs.."  I heard Freddie say through the door. 

"What's he doing here?" I asked as I moved to get off Brian and slide onto the bed.  He must have come after I fell asleep.  Brian stood up and grabbed a jumper that was on the floor and slipped it on.  I found my blue robe and tied it around me.

"He came last night...he and Mary had a fight...it's a long story.."  he told me as he opened the door and I followed him out.  "There's something he needs to talk to you about.."  Brian said as we went downstairs.  I wondered what it was and noted that Brian seemed serious.  I wondered if he and Mary had broken up.  I prepared myself for bad news and saw Freddie pick up the telephone as Brian walked into the kitchen.  He was wearing a pair of my pajamas and sat in the chair speaking quietly into the handset.   I gave him his privacy and went into the kitchen.

"Did they break up?"  I asked Brian as he put the kettle on.  I stood and leaned against the counter and watched him.

"I'm not sure....let's just get settled with some tea and talk.."  he told me.  "Cut some of the banana bread.."  he asked me and I grabbed a knife and got busy.  Freddie came in and sat at the table.

"Morning Rog.."  he told me and I smiled warmly at him.  "Sorry to barge in on you like this.." 

"Freddie..it's no trouble.  I'm glad you came here.  Brian said you had a fight with Mary.  That's all he would say.."  I told him as I brought him a plate with some bread and sat down next to him.