Sail Away Sweet Sister - Part 4

A/N - My apologies for the poor quality of the pictures but they were pulled from a poor quality video you can watch above.  This is from the exact time period I am writing about below.  Enjoy this time capsule.  Watch it for some cheeky Deacy if nothing else!  This is when he truly became more comfortable with doing interviews and it always seemed like having Roger at his side made him a little braver and brassy.

23rd November 1979

Birmingham England

Brian's POV

"Can I go? Can I go?"  Tiger Lily asked me as she jumped up and down in place and looked up at me.  I glanced at Roger for guidance as I couldn't go with them because of some interviews.  He shrugged and then looked over at Clare and Mia.  

"Do you want to go?"  Roger asked them both.  Clare seemed indifferent but Mia really looked excited at the notion.  

"I'm happy to accompany her..." Mia remarked.  Jimi walked over and tugged on the bottom of Mia's dress.

"Mimi! I go too..."  Jimi insisted.  We all grinned at the new nickname Jimi had bestowed Mia with.  From her first day with us he began calling her Mimi and it has stuck.  Even Tiger Lily began calling her this as well.

"Rog...we can both go..."  Clare chimed in.  I was happy to see they were both willing to do it.  It would be easier with managing both the children.  Tiger Lily's face lit up as she dashed over to Roger and climbed into his lap.

"Can I go?"  she begged and Roger quickly caved in.  His daughter's puppy eyes were more effective than his own.  He sighed and pulled her in for a kiss.

"Alright!"  he said in surrender and looked over at Clare and Mia.  "You're sure you don't mind sitting with them in the audience?"  he asked.  They both looked agreeable.  

"It will be fun!"  Clare informed him.  "Besides...it may be the last time I get to do something like this with the kids..."  she told us.  I felt a little pang of sadness at the reminder her days with us are soon drawing to a close.  I watched as Mia picked up Jimi and held him confidently as Clare smiled at their fast forming friendship.  Both of the kids really warmed to Mia quickly and her new role as nanny was falling into place.  Clare reached over and ruffled Jimi's hair and wore a huge smile as Tigs climbed out of Roger's lap and bounded over to her.  Clare picked her up and snuggled her close.

"Thank you Bear..."  Tigs told her sweetly.  She was doing so well with her manners and I was proud as she thanked her current nanny; who would soon be just her Aunt.  

"I guess I need to call and have them arrange for some seats..."  Roger remarked.  I smiled and nodded to him as he got up and walked to the telephone.  He called Paul to make the arrangements and we got ready to head down to the hotel dining room for dinner. 

---------------------------

 24th November 1979

ITV Television Studio

Birmingham

Mia's POV

"Remember...if anyone asks you about the band or Brian or Roger...just say 'no comment' or 'I'm not at liberty to discuss anything'..."  Clare reminded me as we waited for Roger in the limousine.  The children were all dressed up and bundled in their coats, hats and mittens. I sat on one end of the large seat in the car and the children were between me and Clare.  The car door opened and Roger and John slid onto the seat across from us.  The chilly outside air infiltrated the back seat as Roger quickly closed the door.  The car pulled out right away and headed for the studio.