Future Management..Part 2

April 30th 1976

London

Roger's POV

What do you do when your sister offers you the most precious gift possible? You take her out to dinner and celebrate - but don't mention this one big thing - that is the best possible news - to your husband as you toast other recent happy events over a wonderful Italian dinner. Clare and I raised our glasses to her amazing idea over dinner that night, but we didn't tell Brian yet because there is a lot to consider before we decide this is something we both want to do. If we decide it's not feasible then we don't mention it to Brian. We were both fearful that him knowing and it falling apart would break his heart. So we left him out of the equation for now.

And boy is there a lot to consider. I mean, my sister is going to be impregnated with my husband's sperm and then carry his baby to term and then hand it over to us. At least that was the basic idea of it all. We needed to go over this plan in major detail and make sure we are both on the same page with everything. I wanted nothing more than to accept my sister's generous offer but needed to know we wouldn't be damaging our relationship. I asked her to make a list of questions and concerns and I did the same. We agreed we needed to discuss them together and both felt a third party would be helpful to navigate it all. Clare didn't want to tell her best friend Alli anything about this idea yet. She felt it was too radical for her and she would shut it down completely. If we proceed with it, then she would inform her friend after she is pregnant. Alli does know about Brian and myself but has always been loyal to my sister and my family. They've been friends since primary school. She doesn't have a problem with Brian and I's relationship, but she isn't as open minded as Clare. We decided Jo might give us good insight and could be impartial. She agreed to come over for lunch one day when we knew Brian would be gone. Brian went to his parent's to do some maintenance on the Red Special and took Tiger Lily so Ruth could see her. Jo came over shortly after he left and brought takeaway with her.

She pulled her silver and black mini cooper car up to our curb and stepped out. She was the picture of spring time in a yellow and green crepe jumpsuit. She looked ultra chic as she glided to the front door and I met her halfway. She held up the bags from the takeaway shop.

"Hungry drummer boy?" she said to me in a saucy fashion. I laughed as I wrapped her in a hug and we kept our arms around each other as we went inside. Clare has never met her but has heard about her from me. I could see on my sister's face that she was a bit intimidated by her appearance. Jo is very much London born and bred and has the clothes and style to prove it.

"Jo Morris...meet my sister...Clare Taylor..." I introduced them and Jo held out her hand to Clare; who took it and smiled as she greeted her.

"Wow! My brother wasn't kidding! You're a true city girl!" Clare said to her in a meek voice. Jo gave her a dismissive gesture and smiled at her.

"I'm alright.....I must say Clare...there is no denying you two are related...it's lovely to meet you finally..." Jo remarked as we made our way towards the kitchen. Jo hasn't been to the house and began checking everything out as we went. "This is really nice Roger..." she commented to me. "You have a lot of space...ideal for your kid.." she added.

"We don't own the place...though it's tempting to consider buying it...but I want to wait for a place in the countryside to be honest..." I explained to her as I gave her a quick tour of the house. I showed her each room on the first floor and Clare got some dishes out for the Chinese food as I took her upstairs. "This place really needs decorating....we've just not been home enough to see to it..." I remarked to her. We walked through each bedroom and ended up in mine as Jo looked at our view from the window. I was next to her and she turned and smiled at me.