A Day At The Races..Part 2

A/N - Brian, Roger and John actually attended a birthday party celebration for Buddy Holly in September 1976.  I changed the day of the month it took place.  It was held on the 7th.  If you look beside and behind Elton John you will find Roger and Brian and to the right of Brian near the edge, you will see our little Deacy peeking at us.

30th September 1976

London/Surrey

Brian's POV

"Does my hair look alright?"  Roger asked me for the third time as we walked to the venue.  I smiled at him as I looked over his perfect coif.  He looked amazing as always so I don't know why he was so self conscious.   I wondered if my own hair was okay. I ran my hand up to my head and touched it gingerly before I responded.

"It looks great..calm down..."  I told him.  It was evident he is nervous.  Okay - so am I.  I mean, this is the big leagues of rock and roll.  I gripped the invitation in my hand and glanced over at Deacy.  He seemed unaffected by the whole thing.  He looked so at ease as he accompanied us and smiled lightly.  The sun was shining and it was pleasant with a light breeze.

"Nice day for it.."  he mused as we strolled the sidewalk heading for the Orangery.  "It's lovely to be back in the old neighborhood.."  We are in our old stomping grounds in Holland Park.  It was a funny coincidence that Paul McCartney had procured the Orangery building at the park for his party today.  Many a time in the past have we all walked these grounds when we lived in the area.

"Oh my god!"  I heard Roger mutter under his breath.  I turned to look at him and his mouth hung open in awe.  I turned my head to see what he was looking at and found myself gazing upon true rock royalty.  

"Shit!"  I murmured back and grabbed hold of Deacy's arm.  "Is that..?"  I asked them both in a quiet voice.  I know it's him but I can't believe I am at the same party as someone like him. 

"It is...that's Clapton..."  Deacy confirmed to me.  "And isn't that George Harrison's wife?"  he asked us his eyes grew wide.  There sat Patty Harrison.  She still looked young and was extremely attractive.  Her confident smile made her even sexier and her form fitting low cut leopard print dress didn't hurt matters either.  I didn't realize Deacy was unaware of their affair.  I assumed everybody knew about Patty and George splitting up and her being seen with Eric soon after.

"You didn't know about their affair?"  I asked Deacy.  He shook his head as we all tried not to stare at the group of rock legends visiting at a table in front of the building.  I slowed us all down as I felt really intimidated to be here.  

"So is George here as well?" Deacy queried as we stood together and surveyed the growing crowd of music celebrities.  

"I doubt he wanted to come hang out with them...think about it.." Roger cut back snidely at Deacy's question.  I nudged Roger and felt bad for Deacy.

"It was just a question..." I scolded Roger.  He looked annoyed and huffed.  

"Let's just go mingle..."  he suggested. I took a deep breath and walked towards one of my heroes.  The door to the building opened and we all froze and gasped.

"Fuck me..."  Roger declared as we all looked wide eyed at Paul McCartney casually walking out of the doorway followed by his wife and music partner, Linda.  "It's really him.."  he muttered and I just stared open mouthed and in utter shock as Paul began chatting with Eric and Patty.  He looked so easy going and unaware of himself as he stood and made conversation with another icon.  He still looked so young and had a fresh haircut reminiscent of the mid 60's.

  He still looked so young and had a fresh haircut reminiscent of the mid 60's