America's New Bride (okay Grooms)To Be ...Part 2

A/N - The above photo is a picture of the actual tour itinerary for Queen's Sheer Heart Attack tour of North America beginning in February 1975

Brian's POV

So we arrived safe and sound in New York City and spent several days rehearsing for the North American leg of our tour.  Things were going well and it looked like we were in good shape to present a fantastic show for our American fans.  

Things had cooled off with Peter after a few days.  He did keep his word about not pushing girls on us but it was clear there was a permanent tension between us.  Whether it was our near punch up in his office or the fact that we were negotiating to get out of our contract with his organization, the mood was not light and we tried to avoid him more than ever.

We stayed at a really nice hotel in New York and had our own rooms.  This meant time apart from Rog at night but at least I knew there were separate rooms for Fred and Deacy.  I wasn't sure what to think after their confessions a few weeks ago and Freddie's little comment in the airport waiting area.  I hoped with Deacy freshly married and Freddie apparently involvement with David Minns, our Elektra records representative, that there was nothing going on with them.  I had to remind myself it might not be any of my business.  I worked to just let it go.  Rog was a bit irritated with me when I brought the subject up so I dropped it and tried to focus on other things.

Other things to focus on did include the large amount of fan mail that Peter had dumped on us all.  I have to admit it's not a bad idea to read and respond to our letters as something to fill the time spent on airplanes and lonely nights in our hotel rooms.  I hope we don't run out of our new Queen stationery to respond to the letter before the tour ends.  This did help pass the hours of our time travelling throughout Ohio on the first stops on our tour.  The shows went down well and we had reports of strong record sales and our single Killer Queen performing solidly in the charts.  So far it had reached #5 and we hoped it might move up to a higher slot.  We had failed to get it to #1 in England so a top spot here would have been fantastic.  If this single didn't do it maybe my song, Now I'm Here, would.

One thing that is constant and not very fun is the extremely cold weather.  Touring in February isn't ideal.  I worried that winter weather would delay our flights or cause show cancellations.  Though we have encountered snow and ice, the areas seem accustomed to it and it has been 'on with the show' so to speak.  This miserable cold has not been conducive to go out and explore much.  We have commitments for publicity that get us out of our hotel rooms but we aren't keen for anything more since the temperatures are frigid.  Maybe heading to another part of the country will be warmer.  Right now, all this time in Ohio has been a deep freeze.  I was grateful for the new winter coat I bought before we left London.  Roger and Freddie both wore fox fur coats they have owned since their shop days.  I detest these coats but what can I do?  They have the right to wear them if they want.  I just hate seeing Roger in it.  He told me he would get a nice fake fur once we have more money.  He loves the warmth of fur, he says, since he gets cold easily in the winter.  My own new coat had no real fur, thank you very much.  It was a nice heavy white fabric with a wide wool collar and I thought I looked pretty smart in it.  Roger had found me a really neat hat that I topped my look off with.  Sometimes I feel cool enough to be his better half.

  Sometimes I feel cool enough to be his better half