Come Let The New Child Play..Part 1

19th March 1977

Edmonton to New York to London

Roger's POV

It was finally over and we were ready to go home.  We finished our show in Edmonton last night and reveled in the grand success of the tour.  Everyone was on a major high after our last performance and celebrated in style with a big party at our hotel's banquet room.  Brian and I drank but were careful not to overdo it.  We had an early flight in the morning and were actually a little gun shy about excessive behavior as of late.

We both felt we had learned a hard lesson about living to the extreme in the aftermath of the party we attended in Miami.  After the initial anger at being drugged without our knowledge wore off, some regret and guilt settled in for a bit.   We talked about what happened and worked through what memories we had of the event.  I have to say it killed our desire for any sexual activity between us for the time being.  But the intimacy remained.  Our solace from it all was only found in each other's arms.  Brian was emotional at times about it and felt it was his fault.  I had to assure him we were both culpable about going to the party, but once there, fell victim to the deceitful behavior of the hosts.  After speaking to Mack one day on the phone to sort out our feelings, we both felt better and accepted this happened to us, it wasn't our fault and to try and move on.  Going home and leaving this country felt like a good way to turn the page.  The last piece of this drama involved getting tested for diseases with a doctor Reid knew about in L.A.  Luckily the results were negative.  We bid Freddie, Deacy and the crew farewell and went to bed at a decent hour and promptly rose and traveled to Edmonton's airport.  A direct flight to New York didn't take too long compared to the trans-Atlantic journey that awaited us.  Soon enough we landed at JFK airport and spent our layover shopping in the airport to kill some time.  We then hustled to our designated gate for our flight to London.

"We're in the 3rd row..."  Brian told me as we lined up to board our second plane of the day.  I kept my fur coat wrapped around me as we walked to the stairs on the cold windy tarmac to board the giant aircraft.  There was the promise of snow in the air and I was grateful it hadn't started before we needed to fly out.  We got settled in our first class seats and handed our coats to the stewardess.  Our seatbelts were fastened and Brian and I shared an excited grin as our flight took off for home.

The flight was full so there were too many potential witnesses for any real signs of affection between us.  We were restrained with each other as lunch was served and got settled for the remainder of the long flight.  Brian pulled out his journal and opened it up.

"Can we talk about baby names?"  he asked me.  I sipped on my coca cola and nodded to him.

"Sure...I guess it's time to narrow it down...huh?"  I replied.   Brian looked agreeable as he showed me his list.  I looked over the ones that weren't crossed out.

Boy                                        Girl

James                                  Emily

Max                                        Louisa

Rufus                                     Samantha

Felix                                       Rory

Jimi                                         Lola

Lennon

"What do you think?"  Brian asked as we looked over the short list.  I preferred the names I gave him obviously.  I knew this could be a lengthy discussion and we might actually come up with more names before the baby is born.  I decided to give up one or two of my suggestions so he would as well.