Future Management..Part 3

A/N - this chapter is a bit long but is leading somewhere

April 30th 1976

London

Brian's POV

I can't believe this song came on the radio while I am driving with my baby girl.  I was tickled by the coincidence and decided to change up the lyrics to 'I'm Your Puppet'  to better suit my serenade to my favorite little female in the whole wide world.  It is whimsical and it feels fun.

Pull the string and I'll wink at you,  your my poppet
I'll do funny things if you want me to, your my poppet

I'm yours to have and to hold
Darling you're in control  - your my poppet

Pull another string and I'll kiss your lips, your my poppet
Snap your finger and I'll turn you some flips, your my poppet

Listen, your every wish is my command
All you gotta do is wiggle your little hand
Your my poppet, Your my poppet

I'm just a toy, just a funny boy

That makes you laugh when you're blue
I'll be wonderful, do just what I'm told
I'll do anything for you
Your my poppet!  Your my poppet!

Tiger Lily was giggling at me and then trying to sing along in her own way from the back seat as I sang to her.  I glanced at her in the rear view mirror and kept singing as I tried to get on Chertsey Road.  There was some construction I wasn't aware of and realized I had to take a detour.  I had finished earlier than planned at my parents so I decided to take a drive through the old neighborhood.  It was a nice sunny spring day and I had my best girl with me so I took off towards the street where Roger, Freddie and I first shared a flat.

"We are taking the long way home today.."  I told Tiger Lily as I found the street I wanted and headed towards Shepherd's Bush.   "Want to see where Papa and I used to live?"  I asked her like she could answer.  It felt a little silly but I am in a great mood.  My mother had made us a lovely lunch and my father had helped me with some maintenance on my guitar since the tour was over.  It had been a nice visit all around and seeing my old room and my childhood home today made me sentimental.  I kept the radio on and sang as we arrived on Sinclair Road.  I drove down to the block with the old store front and our flat that was above it.  I almost didn't recognize the building.  It was painted a different color and was now a flower shop.  I slowed down as I went by and peered up at the window for the bedroom Rog and I shared.  It was open and the curtains were blowing out of it.  I smiled as I thought of all the wonderful moments I had in that room with him.  My heart felt full and I was so grateful to still be with Roger.  "That was our first flat together..."  I called out to Tigs as I moved on down the street.  "Papa and I fell in love in that place.."

Since I was in the area I thought I would drop in to see if my friend Tom still worked at the record shop.  It was nearby and I actually had time to stop.  I made it to Goldhawk Road and found the place was still there and was open. I smiled as I found a spot to park.  "Let's see if my old friend is here today..."  I told Tigs as I got out and pulled her from her car seat.  We crossed the street and went inside the shop.  It still looked the same and the windows were filled with promotional materials for all the latest releases.  I smiled as I saw a poster for 'A Night At The Opera' in a corner of the window.  A bell rang on the door as we entered and a man about my age waived as we walked in.  He barely looked up from the newspaper he was reading as I walked up to the counter.  Tiger Lily was looking around at all the 7 inch vinyl records hanging from the ceiling by fishing wire.  I thought they must look like they are floating in her mind and she did seem enchanted with them.  The man saw me approach and looked up at me.