America's New Bride (okay Grooms)To Be ...Part 3

14 February 1975

Waterbury CT - Hotel

Brian's POV

"So I guess we can assume that David knows about us?"  I asked Roger as I waited for him to finish getting ready to go to Freddie's suite for his Valentine's party.  I stepped away from the bathroom door as Roger sprayed some hairspray on his head to set his style.

"Probably....I mean..why would he invite us to spend an evening with him and his boyfriend if he didn't know we're a couple?"  Roger had a good point.  They could just be alone and enjoy some time together but he had included us for part of their evening.  It made sense.

"You realize we've never socialized with another couple...except for Trevor and Wilkie.."  I commented to Roger.  He was slipping his jacket on and nodded understanding to me.

"I'm sure it will be no different than spending time with them.."  Roger then looked at me with concern.  He came up and straightened the collar on my shirt and then patted it down.  "I think you're nervous about this and for no reason.."  Roger suggested to me.  "You know Freddie and you've met David more than once...what's the big deal?"  he asked me.  He pocketed his room key and went to open the room door.  I wasn't sure why I was so anxious about tonight.  I guess I felt out of my depth.  I didn't know Freddie as a gay man.  This was new.  A little scary for some reason.

"I don't know.."  I told him honestly.  He started out of the room and I followed as he went and pressed the button for the lift.  "We've never really been open like this and it's just....different.." I added.  I wasn't entirely sure what it was.  Roger stepped into the lift and I got in as he pressed the button for the top floor.  He smiled and took my hand.

"Well...here's to new adventures..." he told me and reached up and kissed me for assurance.

The lift door opened and we discovered that there were only two doors on this floor.  Only two suites.  The Presidential and The Honeymoon suites. 

"I wonder which one Freddie has?" I said to Roger sarcastically and he snickered as he walked up and pressed the buzzer for the room.  We stood and waited for a moment and then the door opened and Freddie pulled me inside for a big hug.  He grabbed Roger with his other free hand and got him in as well as I surveyed the room.  

"Welcome boys!"  Freddie proclaimed and squeezed us to his sides as he let us look around.

This suite was huge!  The room we were in housed a sitting area with two couches and some overstuffed chairs that all had matching fabric.  Next to it was a white baby grand piano.  I had never seen a hotel room with a piano in it and was impressed.  There was a small kitchen area with a wet bar and to the side were doors to other rooms.  I noticed a large bouquet of red roses on the counter and wondered if they were for Freddie from David.  Or from Freddie to David?  Should I have got Roger some flowers?  Shit! I didn't get him anything for Valentine's Day.  I suddenly felt like a shitty husband and wondered what I could do to make it up to him.

I glanced over and saw Roger checking out the entire place.  His mouth was open in awe and he pulled away from Freddie to take it all in.  Freddie was enjoying our gawking and he walked over to a tray and picked up two flutes of champagne and walked back towards us.  I took one from him and Roger did the same.  

"This is how I want to live!"  Roger announced to us both and we laughed at his dreamy look.

One of the side doors opened and David came out and smiled as he saw us.   I noticed he was dressed entirely in black.  So was Freddie!  They were practically matching.  David had grown a beard since I had last seen him.  He came over towards us all and reached his hand out to me.