Future Management..Part 6

A/N - this chapter is dedicated to:         this chapter won't save my dedication.  

Happy birthday to my favorite leap year teen! ;) My dearest apology for any bad biology in this chapter!!

1 June 1976

London

Roger's POV

"We need to go or we will be late.."  I told Brian as I kissed Tigs goodbye.  I know Clare and Jo are waiting in the car for us and we have to worry about traffic.  Brian gave our baby girl one last kiss and we walked towards the door.

"Thanks again for watching her...we'll see you tomorrow.."  I told Ruth and Harold as we walked to the car.  Brian was anxious about tonight but I was fine.  Well, maybe I am anxious too but I wasn't going to show it.  I needed one of us to keep it together.  We got to the car and I slid in the driver's seat next to Jo and Brian got in back with Clare and smiled at her sweetly.  He put his arm around her as we drove off.

"So it's date night I guess..."  Jo observed with amusement and we all laughed as I drove us to the cinema.  We were attending a special screening of our 'Live At The Rainbow' concert film and it was being used as a support feature for the film 'Hustle' starring Burt Reynolds.

It felt like an odd mix of films but I'm not an expert on marketing

It felt like an odd mix of films but I'm not an expert on marketing.  We arrived and I parked across the street in a reserved lot.  Brian and I got out and walked around to open the doors for our 'dates.'  The girls stepped out and took our hands as we walked to cross the street to enter the cinema together.  We held hands as we neared the crowd of people outside the venue.

"This is different .."  Clare remarked as we reached the entrance of the cinema.  There were some press people in attendance and we all heard photographs being taken.  This is good.  I need published pictures of Brian with my sister; appearing together in public hand in hand and looking every bit like a real couple.  I slipped my arm around Jo's waist and saw Brian notice my move as we walked into the lobby.  He did the same with Clare and we tried not to appear awkward as we looked around for the others.  I quickly spotted Freddie and Mary and we made our way over to their group.

"Look at these lovely couples here tonight.."  Freddie remarked to us in a half sarcastic way.  I shot him a look of annoyance as he smiled wickedly at us. I could be sarcastic right back at him these days. He was here with Mary on his arm. Another 'pretend' date! At least Mary gave us a warmer greeting.  She was dressed to the hilt and looked perfect as always.

"Hello all...long time no see."  Mary remarked as she eyed my friend on my arm.

"Mary...you haven't met my friend Jo....Jo Morris...this is Mary Austin..."  I explained as introduced them.  They greeted each other warmly and we all stood around waiting to take our seats and had some bland conversation with a few guests.  Some were from the press and some were from John Reid's office.  A few were reps for Paramount Pictures.  I have to admit this did feel a little more like the big time.  I was grateful we had all taken great care with our appearance tonight.  Not just the appearance of having girlfriends but also with our clothes.  Brian had worn his black suit with the white satin trim and a whimsical t-shirt underneath that he got in Hawaii.  His hair actually needed to be trimmed but I loved how long and voluminous it is right now.  He used a lot of cream rinse and it's really soft and bouncy.  He looks perfect to me.  I put on my salmon colored jacket and a black silk shirt and had my hair blown out straight.  Both Jo and Clare had complimented on how good we looked.  Of course, I considered how good we looked together.  Pretty fucking good in my opinion.