Are You Ready for A Show? Part 2

20 January 1976

Flight from London to New York

Voyeur's POV

Each row had 4 seats so when it came time to board and select a spot, Brian didn't sit next to his bandmates.  He didn't want to leave Chrissie by herself.  She had never been on a long plane ride and Brian felt he needed to keep her company.  Roger was markedly upset at his choice and felt it was an indication of what their future would be.  He sulked as he took a seat next to Freddie and then found himself sandwiched with Deacy on his other side.  It felt comforting to have his bandmates at this moment.  He needed his friends.  They all had noticed Brian's choice of seating and each found it odd for him not to sit with them.  They could also see the effect it had on Roger.

"Now who is she again?" Freddie whispered to Roger as everyone got settled for the flight.  They were all observing Brian and Chrissie in the row across the aisle from their own. Luckily, out of earshot.  

"She was Brian's nurse in the hospital when he got hepatitis and she started working for our doctor after that.." Roger explained to Freddie.  Freddie eyed her again and turned back to his dear friend.

"So is this a good thing or a bad thing....you don't seem to be happy about it.."  he remarked as he saw Roger stare daggers at the small female perched next to the guitarist.  

"She's nice enough I guess....but I'm convinced she has a thing for him to be completely honest...I don't trust her..."  Roger confided as Freddie and Deacy listened to his concerns.

"What makes you think that?"  Deacy asked as he leaned in towards the conversation taking place.  Roger glanced solemnly at Deacy and then back at Freddie.

"She's handsy with him and super friendly..."  Roger replied with a pronounced sneer.  "She bathed him once so she knows what his assets are..."  he added.  Freddie's expression became sympathetic and he rubbed Roger's arm.

"What a meddling little bitch..."  Freddie murmured for their ears only; wanting to assuage Roger.  Deacy looked surprised at his friends and shook his head; doubtful of Roger's accusation.

"I'm sorry Rog....I'm not sure those facts translate to husband thief..." Deacy remarked as they all glared over at the other row of seats.  "She has seen your assets as well hasn't she....she is your doctor's nurse after all..."  he reminded him.  Roger shook his head.

"She's never seen my cock...only the doc has laid eyes on the prize..."   Roger retorted back.  Deacy rolled his eyes at his friend's grandiose reference to his manhood.  He decided had heard enough of this conversation.  Freddie got Roger's attention by tugging his shirt sleeve.

"Maybe we should keep an open mind....do you have any proof she actually is after him?"  Freddie asked Roger.  Roger sighed and slumped back in his airplane seat and ran his hand through his bangs.

"Nothing concrete...but give it time...trust me....she wants him..."  Roger assured his friend.

"Ladies and gentleman....please check your seatbelts...we are ready for takeoff..."  the airline hostess announced over the intercom.  The aircraft sounds halted the conversation as everyone got settled for the flight.  The aircraft was soon air born and Roger was anxious for the beverage service to commence.  He felt several strong drinks were in his immediate future and would help ease the pain of this journey.

----------------------  

"So I have your medicine schedule laid out and I've left space for mealtimes..."  Chrissie explained to Brian as she showed him the chart in her spiral notebook.   "Dr. Fischer indicated you really need to get 6-8 hours of sleep at night if you can manage it...so how about a bedtime of about 11pm?"  she suggested to Brian.  Brian tried not to laugh and pointed to her timeline.