Happy Birthday Brimi....

19th July 1975

Brian's POV

"Bihmee.." I heard the beginnings of my name coming from Tiger Lilly's mouth while I laid on my side in bed.  I was awakened by her touching my face.   I opened my eyes and saw her face right in front of mine.  Giant blue eyes full of life and wonder.  Roger had crouched down and was holding her at my face level by my beside.  His own blue eyes watching us.  I took Tigs tiny hand in mine and gently kissed it.

"Morning poppet.."  I whispered to her.  Roger leaned her face towards mine so I kissed her cheek.  She giggled at my beard tickling her.  I needed to shave.  Roger gently moved her away from my face and he leaned in and kissed me.

"Happy Birthday Brimi.."  he told me.  It felt like today might be a good day.

------------------     

"Let's just get it over with.."  Roger told me as I knocked on my parent's front door.  I pressed my hand in his as we waited for an answer.  The door opened and my father stood and had a happy then a surprised look on his face as he saw Roger standing next to me with Tiger Lilly in his arms.

"Well...who is this?"  he asked me with a face full of confusion.  I hated to spring Tigs on them this way but didn't want to tell them over the phone.  

"We'll explain everything once Mum is here..."  I told my father.  He nodded and moved to let us in the house.  Roger and I went inside and followed my father to the sitting room.  I sat the baby bag on the sofa.

"I'll get your mother.." he told me as we stood by the fireplace.  Roger and I shared a nervous smile while we waited for them to come in.  My mother walked in with my father and had a curious look as she wiped her hands on her apron.  I immediately smiled at her and she focused her gaze on Tigs.

"Happy birthday dear....who is this?"  she asked me as she came up and kissed my cheek and hugged me.  She looked over at Roger and the baby.  I looked at Roger and he seemed to hold Tigs closer to him as some type of protection for her and himself.  I know he was dreading the questions.

"Mum...Dad....this is Tiger Lilly.."  I announced.  I swallowed hard as I looked at them both.  "This is Roger's daughter..." I felt Roger lean into me for support.

I swear I saw my mother sway on her feet.  I moved closer to my mother and held her side as she looked at Roger and then Tigs and then at me with an open mouth gape.

"I don't understand..."  she told me almost in a whisper.  My father appeared to be processing the information and his face had grown a little stern.

"Let's sit down.."  I told everyone.  I helped my mother to her armchair and my father seemed to hesitate but went and sat in his own chair.  Roger walked over and sat on the couch with Tigs in his lap.  I noticed my father was glaring at Roger.  I could see the questions forming in his head.

"I want to explain everything...so please hear me out.."  I started.  I made sure I was pressed against Roger's side so he knew he had my support.  I put my arm around him for good measure. "Roger and I both made some mistakes in our relationship in November of 73.  We both got involved with other people.."  I told them.  I wanted them to know we both had cheated, not just Roger.  My mother looked shocked and averted her gaze from me.  She then glanced at Roger and then looked at my father for his reaction.  He looked disappointed.  I felt bad letting my parents down.  I hated having to tell them our private business but it was unavoidable since this was how Tigs came to be in our lives.

"We reconciled quickly and moved on with our lives.."  I continued to explain.  "The girl Roger had been with got pregnant but didn't tell him.  She gave birth without his knowledge.."   I emphasized.  I wanted them to know we were not aware she existed when she was born.  My mother still looked confused.  Tigs got restless in Roger's arms.  He helped her to stand on the floor in front of the couch where he could hold her by her hands as she wobbled on her feet.