Baby..Let's Have a Party...Part 2

6th August 1975

London

Brian's POV

"I'm going to pick up the cake.  I'll be back.."  Roger told me as he took off out the door.  I looked over the cloth covered table and made sure it looked clean and pressed.  Winnie came over and set a stack of plates and forks next to the spot designated for Tiger Lilly's birthday cake.  Everything looked really nice.  Clare had just finished hanging the purple and pink crepe paper so I picked up one of the white balloons and began blowing it up.  I watched Clare climb down from the chair and she giggled at me as I accidently let the balloon slip and it made a rude sound as it deflated.   I had to laugh myself.  It was pretty funny.

"I've got it!"  she said as she grabbed the bag of balloons from the table..  "Go get ready..."  she encouraged me.  I handed her my sad balloon and admitted defeat.

"Alright...thanks for helping.." I told her as I headed towards the stairs.  

"Help...it's what I do now..  Remember?"  Clare teased me.  I keep forgetting she's a paid nanny for us now and not just helping because she is a kind and gracious Aunt.  It's been a strange adjustment.  I laughed to myself as I went up to my bedroom.  Well.. Roger and I's new bedroom.  We had moved to the new house almost a week ago.  You could still catch a whiff of the fresh paint smell as you climbed the stairs.  We had several rooms painted before we moved in.  Clare got her pink bedroom as promised and Tiger Lilly's room had a fresh coat of white and was decorated in Winnie The Pooh.  Roger and I both loved A.A. Milne's stories and the characters had been licensed by Disney.  They had issued a line of nursery decorations and we both fell in love with it.

I have to admit that finding this bedding while out shopping for Tiger Lilly's birthday was a nice  surprise for Roger and myself

I have to admit that finding this bedding while out shopping for Tiger Lilly's birthday was a nice  surprise for Roger and myself.  Things have been tense between us since his own birthday.  I was angry about his foolish behavior at the party.  He told me I was blowing an isolated event out of proportion.   We barely spoke to each other the next day and I took Tigs to her one year checkup without him.  He needed to stay home and sleep off his high.  He also needed to think about what he had done.

We got busy preparing to move and we slowly tried to get back to a place where we weren't angry with each other. It's been tough. I can't recall a time in our relationship where we have fought and irritated each other like we do right now. I try to remember how much our lives have changed in the past six months. I guess it's been easier for me to adjust than for Roger.

Shopping together for the baby's birthday was a good idea though. It was fun to see what you can buy a one year old. Roger loved all the toys and picking out new clothes for her. He seemed like his old self that day and it was a relief to me. We seemed to reconnect in our shared joy of planning her big day.  It was something positive we could both hang on to for now.  It made today extra special since we were getting along.