Welcome To Our Picnic By The Serpentine...

15th September 1976

Surrey/London

Brian's POV

"Lunch.. Brimi!"  Tiger Lily called to me.  I nodded understanding.

"We just need to get my outfit and we will get something to eat..."  I assured her.  I opened the door to Zandra's studio as I held her on my hip and her baby bag on my other arm.  We went inside and I walked up to her assistant at the front area.  "Hi Tara!'  I said as she approached us.

"Is this Tiger Lily?"  she asked me.  I smiled proudly and nodded.

"Yes!"  I told her as I felt the baby tug on my hair.  I turned to see her looking wide eyed at all the colorful fabrics and garments on display in Zandra's studio.

"She's lovely..."  Tara replied with a smile.   "Where's you other half?"  she asked me.  Zandra and her staff don't know about Roger and I,  so they believe I am with Clare.

"Clare and Roger both had hair appointments today in the city...we all drove in together and I have her while they are at the salon.  It was the truth and I didn't really answer which one was my other half.

"Pretty!"  Tiger Lily declared as she tried to lean over from me to touch a bolt of yellow satin material laying on the counter.  I shifted her to keep her from reaching it.   Tara laughed.

"We can look...but we need to ask before we touch..." I told her.  Tara motioned for me to follow and we walked to the fitting room.  There weren't any clothes in here so I felt okay setting Tiger Lily down on the giant ottoman in the middle of the room.  She immediately tried to climb off.  

"I'll get Zandra.."  Tara told me as she slipped out of the room.  I let Tiger Lily run around the ottoman in a circle as she ran her hand over the brocade fabric that covered it. The door opened quickly and Zandra came in with Tara, who was holding my new clothes on a hanger.  My tunic looked so beautiful.  I beamed at Zandra.

"Who is this captivating girl?" Zandra asked me as she looked at Tigs.  I grabbed my daughter to still her.  I gestured to get Tigs' attention and pointed at Zandra.

"Tiger Lily...meet Zandra and Tara..." I said to her.  "Can you say hello?"  I asked her.  She looked at me and then up at the ladies.  She smiled and waived at them.

"Hi..."  she told them in a soft voice.  They both looked at her with adoring expressions.  Zandra turned to me as she hung the hanger on the hook outside the dressing room door.

"You were right...she looks so much like Roger...such a little beauty.."  she remarked.  Zandra returned her attention to our business at hand.  "I want you to try this on one more time to make sure the alterations were right..." I bent down towards Tigs.

"I'll be just a few minutes...I am going to try on my new clothes...I need you to stay here and look at your book.."  I told her gently but firmly.  I pulled her favorite tiny book from the bag and she took it from me.

"I'll keep an eye on her.."  Tara told me.  I nodded thanks and pulled off my jacket and then my shirt.  I slipped into the trousers in the dressing room and stepped out.  Zandra pulled the tunic off the hanger and helped me get it on.  It felt like a perfect fit as I pulled it down my torso.  Zandra helped me straighten it out.

"It looks wonderful....can you lift your arms so I can see the flow of the sleeves?" Zandra asked me.  I smiled and lifted my arms like I would when playing guitar.  The  sleeve length seemed right and the weight held them in place as I moved around.  I noticed Tiger Lily was watching me and she giggled.  I felt like a graceful bird with massive wings.