The King's Betrayal

A/n: The longest oneshot I ever written over 3k words

A cool early morning of winter a thin layer of frost covered the tiny thin blades of grass in the backyard of the Iplier Manor and the hot fiery sun inched its way higher above the clear blue sky chasing away the darkness slowly but surely melting the frost. In the backward many lifeless dead trees stood with no colourful leafs holding up the most impressive tree castle which was entirely made out of wood, on top of it stood a metal pole holding a red flag with a picture of a jar of peanut butter and at the base of one of the trees held a wooden spiral staircase which lead to two heavy doors of the entrance of the castle.

"Morning my lovely subjects" King declared loudly his face beet red from the cold wind blowing outside. The man previously stood at the entrance started to walk in his fluffy red cape flew elegantly behind him, the heavy doors creaking loudly before a loud slam echoed throughout the long hall. Many small squirrels quickly moving out of the way not wanting to anger their leader some of them bowing their heads while shaking from fear, King continued to walk down towards his fancy golden throne where piles of shiny coins, emeralds and diamonds surrounded it.

"Only 11am in the morning and yet I'm exhausted from Dark's stupid small brain he has" King grumbled with a loud huff plonking his butt on the throne his body slowly beginning to relax. "Does he not understand that no means no, he won't have access to my priceless treasure I have" King talked to himself tapping his fingers against the hard surface of the armrest while his honey orange eyes glanced around the long hall. His muscular strong chest puffed out more feeling proud of himself seeing everything he worked hard for from the crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, the huge pile of treasure every king needs along with thousands of servants that would never stand up for themselves and he could treat them anyway he liked.

"YOU! Young peasant go fetch me one of my delicious jars of peanut butter and be quick" King pointed out a single squirrel whom couldn't be older than one their fur was grey and worn two tiny red shoes that King ordered them to wear because he didn't want their dirty, disgusting feet messing the carpets. The squirrel let out some quiet shy noises before turning around swiftly heading down one corridor narrowing avoiding other squirrels that were doing their own jobs around the castle.

'Squirrels... Such weak, stupid rats with fluffy tails, at least they adequate doing mindless jobs' King accidentally thought out loud not even realising it letting out a pig like snort. The ego began to get lost deep in thought not picking up the heavy, anger filled atmosphere in the throne room, many squirrels shot a quick glare at the man but no one dared to stand up against him. Two peculiar squirrels that happened to be in the same room fumed angrily giving their suppose leader the stink eye before refocusing on their job and started to clean the massive windows while quietly talking to one another.

"Such an arrogant, self-absorbed prick! Who does he think he is? I wish we could teach him a lesson" The squirrel with the mini Mohawk said with venom in his voice using the tiny sponge and scrubbed the window harshly.

"Four? I'm scared of him, can we try and runaway?" The other squirrel asked uncontrollably shaking their red fur standing straight up and Four sighed quietly stopping working rubbing his head comforting against his friend.

"Sorry Pepper... We can't just leave everyone else plus that man would find us again but I pro-" A loud smashing sound startled both squirrels as they looked behind seeing the same looking young squirrel whimpering in pain with a shallow cut across their leg and thousand pieces of tiny sharp glass all over the floor with peanut butter smeared across the nice fancy red carpet.

"HOW DARE YOU INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE VERMON DESTROY ONE OF MY PEANUT BUTTER JARS" King roared angrily his eyes wide and wild the man standing up from his throne and his fluffy red white sweater bulging as his muscles tensed up.