Awake

Colby's POV
"Dude this really isn't your fault." Aaron says. I don't say anything. I pull out my wallet that had the ultrasound pictures in it and look at them. "We were so happy the day we got these." I say smiling and remembering that day. "I was so excited I remember I couldn't wait to hold it." I say. Elton comes running out. "I got an update." He says. I look at him clinging on the last bit of hope. "She's gonna be okay right?" Aaron asks. "She had an allergic reaction to some type pain meds which is what the main cause of the seizure was." He says. "Is she ok?" I ask. He nods. "Thank god!" I say feeling better. I get up and go to walk inside but Aaron grabs my arm. "Listen I know this is extremely hard for you and I'm here for you but you need to stay strong for her don't get short with her and let her cope how she needs, that doesn't mean your not aloud to breakdown cause you are and it's ok not to be okay just watch what you say and do cause she's extremely fragile right now." He says and I nod.

   I go back into her room and see she's laying there with her eyes open. "Hey baby." I say walking up to her. She looks at me but doesn't say anything. "Are you okay?" I ask her worried. She shrugs. "Listen you know you can talk to me." I say. "You don't have to be okay." I say grabbing her hand she starts crying and I lay down beside her. She rolls over and hugs me tightly. "I just wanted to have a healthy baby I don't know what I did wrong." She says crying. I play with her hair in an attempt to soothe her. Sam and Kat come in the room. Sam gives me a sad look. "You good?" He mouths. I shake my head no and bite my lip as I try not to cry. Kat notices and looks at me. Lexi stops crying so she can talk to them. "I'm sorry I ruined your guys trip." She says to me and Sam. "You didn't we were gonna come back early since we got everything done already." Sam says. She nods and rests her head on my chest. "When do I get to go home?" She asks pitifully. "They wanna watch you for the night so probably in the morning." Kat says. "Big oof." She says making Sam smile a little. I mean maybe this isn't so bad. Yes it's heartbreaking but I still have her. We weren't really ready to be parents even tho we both were so happy. We can always try again when she's ready.

"I don't feel good." She says. I grab the bed pan they gave her in case she pukes. I give it to her as she sits up. I hold her hair back and rub her back as she pukes. Kat goes to get her water. "I'll be back." Sam says walking out. I put the bed pan back to where it was. She scoots back and sits back a little. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this." She says. "Don't apologize baby it's ok." I say putting my arm around her. "I probably look like shit." She says covering her face. "Your beautiful you always are." I say kissing her head. "Thanks." She says putting her head on me. I get a text and look at it.

Sam: If you want I can take care of her while you go get food or shower or do whatever you need to.

Colby: I really don't wanna leave her like this

Sam:Hey it'll be ok I got her after all she's basically my little sister!

Colby: ok fine.

"Hey baby I'm gonna go shower and change into something more comfy is that ok?" I ask. "Yea but can someone else come in I don't wanna be alone." She says. "Sam will." I say. I get up and give her a kiss on the head then leave.

Sams POV
   I walk into her room and see her laying in the bed. "Hey." I say handing her a water. She sits up taking it. She takes a sip then puts the lid back on. "I'm sorry." She says. I look at her confused. "For what?" I ask. "Everything, I know I'm a lot to handle. I sit by her on the bed. I scoot back and lean my back against the wall. "Come here." I say opening my arms. She puts her head on my chest. "You lost a baby it's ok to be like this you've been through so many traumatic things I wouldn't even be able to make it through but you kept fighting and you still have to fight just don't give up please." I say holding her. "It was my dad." She says. I feel my heart drop. "Your dad broke into our house." I say shocked. "He called me in my birthday and a few times after that but I wouldn't hear him out so he showed up and when he found out I was pregnant i don't know he just lost it." She says. "Lexi I'm so sorry." I say not knowing what else to say. She starts crying. "It's all my fault Sam I lost my fucking baby and it's my fault." She says. I can hear the pain in her voice. I can tell she's broken and it hurts knowing I can't help because I don't know how. "This is in no way your fault." I say. I lay down and she does too she puts her head back in my chest and I hold her tightly as she cries. "Why does bad stuff always happen to me." She says. "Bad stuff happens to the best of people. It's important for you to know that your extremely brave and strong." I say. "I'm tired." She says yawning. "Go to sleep I'll be here when you wake up." I say. She falls asleep and I do too shortly after her.