Mistakes Made

Lexi's POV

    I wake up in Mikes bed with a headache. I notice hes holding me. Suddenly I remember what happened last night. "no no no no." I whisper. I pull away and look under the covers hoping it was just a dream. It wasn't. I quickly jump up and grab clothes out of my bag and put them on. "Fuck." I whisper as I quickly put my hair up in a messy bun. Mike starts waking up. "Lexi?" He says. His eyes widen and he look under the covers repeating my actions. "Did we?" He asks. I nod. "Oh umm okay it's not that big of a deal right?" He asks. I shake my head. "Nope totally not, we're adults." I say trying to act cool. "This is totally a big deal." He says flopping back down and rubbing his face. I nod my head. He get's up and puts on shorts. "So umm should we talk about it?" He asks. I nod. We sit on the edge of his bed.

    "So um no feelings right?" He asks. I nod. "This won't change things between us right?" I ask scared. "Nah." He says. "Okay thank god that's really all I cared about." I say. "Honestly same." He says laughing. :Wait fuck you Colby's best friend." I say putting my head in my hands. "Hey, I'm sure Colby won't care but we probably shouldn't tell him...yet." He says. "Agreed." I say. Things automatically feel way less awkward. "Was it good?" He asks smirking. I roll my eyes and laugh. "Seriously?" I ask. "Yes, yes it was good." I say getting up.  "Of course it was." He says jokingly. I roll my eyes. We go out in the living room and sit on his couch. I open my phone and see 2 messages from different number. 

Matt: Hey, It's Matt we met at the party last night. 

Kayla: Hey, it's Kayla, I saw the note you left and I wanna say I'm sorry for passing out in your bed lmao. Thanks for the note!

   I text them back and put my phone down. "Wanna go get food?" Mike asks walking over. I nod and get up. We go and get in the car and my phone goes off. It's Colby. I feel a wave of sadness flow over me. We're still friends it's okay. We wouldn't have worked out anyway. I sigh and open the message.

Colby: Hey, how are you feeling?

Lexi: Good ig, hby?

Colby: Same. Umm so we kinda need to announce the breakup so whenever your ready we can just tweet and post something on insta and make a video later.

Lexi: Yeah we can go ahead and do it now. I'll be over after me and Mike get food and we can make the video.

Colby: Sounds like a plan.

    I sigh and go to twitter. 

      ' So me and Colby have decided to break up, no hard feelings between us we're still friend and he will always hold a special place in my heart. We figured it would be best for the both of us. No one cheated or anything but we just weren't as happy as we should've been. I wish nothing but the best for him. He deserves the world. Love ya Colby.'

   I go to instagram and get a picture of me and Colby. Hes hugging me from behind and looking at the mirror. I caption it. ' It hurts me to say that me and Colby are officially over, we're still friends and I love him dearly but we weren't truly happy. I hope one day he finds the right girl for him.'

    I sigh and put down my phone as we pull into Chipotle. "Oh you tweeted, and posted on insta." Mike says looking at his phone. He reads both of them and looks at me. "This is the saddest shit ever!" He says. "It's life my dude." I say smiling and getting out of the car. He follows me and we go in. A girl wearing some of Mike's merch runs over. "Omg Mike and Lexi I love you both so much." She says smiling. We take a selfie and talk a little bit. "SO are the rumors true?" She asks. "Which one?" I ask smiling. "You and Mike are now dating?" She asks. "Oh, no he's just my best friend. Plus me and Colby just broke up." Tears come to her eyes. "There's no hope for love." She says. I look at her. "Yes there is, sometimes people just don't belong together. I guess me and Colby didn't." I say with tears in my eyes.

   "I'm sorry." She says giving me one last hug. "It's okay, there's no need to be sorry." I say. "Oh god I look hideous." She says. That kinda sucks. She's really beautiful. "No you don't." I say. "I'm ugly and fat." She says. My heart breaks. "Don't ever say that, you're gorgeous." Mike says. "You're just saying that because you don't wanna be rude." She says. "Listen, you are perfect the way you are. Don't talk down about yourself, you are a beautiful young lady with a bright future don't try and change yourself because we love you for you and you should too." I say smiling. "Omg thank you that means so much to me." She says smiling. A man calls her name and she looks at him and back at us. "Well I have to go, it was nice meeting you both." She says. "You too." Me and Mike say.

   We order our food and eat. We drive back to the apartments and I go to Colby's as Mike goes to mine. I knock on his door. He answers it almost immediately and I can tell he's been crying. My heart breaks at the sight. His hairs a mess and he's in sweats. His eyes are red and puffy. "Oh hey Lexi, are you ready to film the video?" He asks. I nod as I try not to cry. "Let's try not to cry during this." He says. "I won't." I say giving him a small smile. We sit down in front of his couch and he gets the camera positioned. "Hey, what's up you guys it's me Colby back at it again with another video." He says trying to be up beat. "Umm so today's video is gonna be a different type of video." He says. I look at him and watch as he talks. Is it my fault he fell out of love with me? "So if you guys don't know already...we broke up." He says looking at me with tears in his eyes. We both look at the camera. "It was mutual." He says. "We just kinda need to better ourselves, and work on self love and stuff and just focus on ourselves and our dreams and stuff." I say. "No one cheated or anything like that so please don't give Lexi or me hate. Honestly she deserves the world." He says looking at me as tears roll down my face.

   "No stop crying, if you cry I'll cry." He says jokingly. "I'm sorry." I say trying to stop the tears. "Come here." He says. He wraps his arms around me and holds me. I put my head on his shoulder. "Do you want me to turn off the camera?" He whispers. I nod and sit up so he can turn it off. He holds me again as I cry. He rubs my back. "I'm so sorry Colby." I say. "There's no need to be sorry." He says. I notice he's crying to. "Are you going to be okay?" I ask. He nods. "Don't worry about me Lexi, I'm going to be fine." He says. "Are you sure?" I ask as I slowly stop crying. he nods. "I'm here for you no matter what." I say hugging him. "I know, I'm here for you too." He says hugging me back. We finish the video and I go to my apartment to see Mike and Jordan.

   "You okay?" Jordan asks. "I'm just tired." I say walking into my room. I lay on my bed for a little bit before breaking down. How can you love someone so much and them not love you back? I start crying. I turn on my side and ball up. I hold my pillow tightly. I grab the Build A Bear we made together and his hoodie. I hold them tightly and sob trying not to scream. Why do I fuck everything up?