4

Sophia.

Mr and Mrs Mckenzie had come home early today, an hour to be exact, so what the hell am I doing standing outside their house for the last twenty minutes like a creeper?

Maybe it's the roses that line around the small two storey house or the way the grass looks just the same as it did two years ago or could it be the memories of my mother nursing her tears and silent cries under that tree by the side of the house? It was were she hid when she didn't want me to know but of course I knew. I always did know.

I quickly swipe away my falling tears and turn back around towards the direction of my house, it's about a ten to fifteen minute walk from here.

My eyes take in my surroundings as I take my time to walk back. I watch as little kids run around, some tugging on their parents and others with friends. I smile at the sight, even when I see a dog chasing after his tail but when I past by a familiar couple kissing, my heart sinks.

I will never have that.

My phone vibrating in my pocket has me snapping out of my pity party for one and reaching for the device.

“Lily,” I say into the phone.

“I'm sorry about last night but Jake really really wanted me to stay over and you know how he can get when his moody. Did you get home safe?” She rushes out.

I smile. “Yes. I—” I stop, remembering something that I need to ask the brown eyed girl. “Actually, I wanted to ask you something. . . It about King. I wanted to know if his not dangerous or anything?” I ask and only then do I realize how stupid I sound. “You know what I mean.” I add.

Lily chuckles on the other side and I frown, I know I don't sound that stupid. It's just the dangerous vibe around him, that's all, I just need reassurance, for what? I don't know.

“Sophia, what kind of question is that?” She questions and I shrug, I know she can't see me but still, I stay silent.

“Listen. I know him and he is not dangerous, at all, in fact the only danger around him is most probably if you guys sleep together. He'd fuck you into oblivion that's for sure. His so sexy, oh my god, have you—”

I cut her off because I'm flustered already, unwanted pictures flush through my mind. “Liliana Rodriguez!” I scold my much too eager bestfriend in her birth name.

She gasps and starts to laugh. I smile, shaking my head and rolling my eyes at her. She is definitely crazy, Jake is right about her sudden fits of laughter. It is crazy and funny. She continues to laugh and I groan.

“But do you like him?” She suddenly asks, sobering up. “His fucking hot, you must find him attractive at least!”

“I hardly know the guy, Lily, my god calm down.”