49- The Final Chapter.

S O P H I A

My breathing is hard and fast and so uneven and my fingers dug deeper, clutching the now bare bed, hard as if it were holding me up and keeping me somewhat stable as I lean my back against the headboard.

I don't remember how fast I reacted to our eyes connecting when he turned around after closing and locking that door, but when I saw it— his green eyes swirled with guilt, regret, sorrow and heartbreak. I had to do something and I don't remember what I had said before I blew up everything.

The pillows, so beautiful and dark, that normally would be neatly set on the bed, making it look strikingly beautiful?

Yeah,

That was long gone.

Every single one of those pillows where thrown on the floor, around him, the tall man that stood not too far from me.

I threw them at him.

I feel the tears flood my eyes, much too quickly, reminding me of how hurt and broken I felt days ago when I had turned my back on him and ran— I had stopped running, hadn't I? I had locked that up a long while ago but I did it anyway. I had cursed at him and told him not to touch me, to leave me the fuck alone and stay away from me.

I remember telling him that everything his sinful hands, so evil and vile, touched turned to ash.

I had said that he was the worst thing that had ever happened to me and that I hate him.

Not too long ago, I had read something about love.

They say love is beautiful. They say that it's one of those feelings that make you feel alive inside. That it would have you smiling brightly even when your jaws hurt. They say it can burst through any hurdles and shine brightly.

People love sharing their love stories. They love letting others in on their love. They love sharing all the greatness of it but they also love to leave out the most important and main part about the term love.

You need someone to share that love with, that story with.

There's two people.

And this is my person.

The man that stands in front of me, look so exhausted and desperate that he can't look at me for too long and I know what his thinking right now— that after all this, I would leave him.

He was so wrong.

I could forgive him and I knew that well but what I also knew this, how could I not close my eyes and see him drenched in blood, knowing that that might have been my father's blood on him.

That was what kept my mind so messy right now.

I feared that I would constantly see that image in my head, even years from now, and I might just end up hating him.

That was impossible.

I knew that I could never hate this man.

“Are you okay?” was the first thing he said or rather asked me minutes of our weird silence and I could hear how hoarse his voice sounded. I knew he had probably been crying for the past few days but what I didn't know was why? Why would a man like him cry over all of this?

He killed people almost everyday right? The whole Italian mafia gang did and those people that they killed, innocent or not, they had families, too right?

His eyes were rimmed red and the tiredness was evident.

Luca probably didn't even know his dangerous bestfriend had been crying because obviously he had shut everyone else out like he used to do.