5

Sophia.

Sundays are meant to be relaxing, peaceful days were everyday sleeps in and takes the day of to just

Sundays are meant to be relaxing, peaceful days were everyday sleeps in and takes the day of to just. . . relax and not stress about anything until later at night, stress about the Monday morning blues.

It's not at all like that for me though because on the last day of the weekend, I'm at the cafe from six in the morning, getting everything ready for the day.

Normally this day of the week is our busiest and I like to think it maybe because most of the people are off and are at home but I'm wrong. I know that I am, they're here for my mothers famous desserts that she would often make and have displayed out front on Sundays only.

"Sophia, dear, how are you?" Mrs Finnely smiles at me and I smile back when I watch her glance down at the desserts for a moment too long before looking back at me.

"I'm doing good thanks, Mrs Finn, how are you and the family?" I ask while gathering her usual order.

Mrs Finn and her family used to babysit me when I was younger and when mum needed to work extra hours or late shifts or just when she was at work basically, it was most of the time so the Finns are kind of like my second family.

Not that I have much of a first family to begin with.

We keep talking for a few more minutes, since there is no one else waiting in line right now and I enjoy the sense of familiarity until a question makes me pale.

"So I've heard from your neighbors that you've got a handsome man for yourself, is this true, Sophia, are you finally deciding to put everything behind you and settle down?" She asks with too much happiness in her voice that it actually shines through her grey eyes.

I send her a sad look, about to tell her no, that she'd heard the wrong gossip this week but Lily's loud mouth stops me and leaves me gasping in shock!

"Yes that is her new boyfriend."

Mrs Finnley smiles brightly, wishing me the best of luck and endless happiness and love. I blush, thanking her.

I wait for the old woman to walk away before turning around to glare at my smug looking bestfriend who should be working right now and definitely not starting stupid rumors that could lead me into problems, deep problems.

"I can't believe you actually said that to her, Lily! Do you even know what's going to happen by the d-"

"Hey! I did you a favor, trust me, everyone is going to be so happy now because honestly recently? Everyone has been having their doubts about you being, you know, and really, what could a little white lie do?"