29

Sophia.

Today was my little guys last day of school before the thanksgiving holidays start which he still wasn't familiar with because we never celebrated it because I, too, wasn't familiar with the holiday. But that was also okay too.

We had christmas with each other to enjoy, although we didn't celebrate it either, just ate lots of junk and goodies and swap presents with each other and that was nice.

I didn't celebrate these holidays as a young child so really I couldn't bestow anything onto the young boy when I knew hardly anything myself. It's not like I didn't believe in religion and god, I did, obviously but my childhood was tough and mum never really cared about it much either.

Anyway,

I didn't know what Charlie was.

His mother was Italian and I'm not sure what his father was. I don't know what they did or spoke about to the boy.

So the two of us had a silent agreement going on between us, we'll just roll with it as it comes and that it was okay. It was okay to be different and not knowing certain things.

“Where's my brother?” Charlie glares up at me with hands on his hips as he waits at the door, very impatienty might I add and this has to be the hundredth time his asking me this question and I shrug, not having the heart to tell him that I told his brother to leave only a few hours ago— it was for a few good reasons too. “I'm going to be late.”

I shrug my shoulders, knowing that his not going to be late because he still has twenty more minutes before we go.

Percy, him and I have set up a routine since his decided to be here on most days— Percy drives and picks up his brother to and from school. I leave early on some days to open up the café so I don't always go along with the two.

Like today or this week actually, the café is closed down.

I may not celebrate holidays but I know damn well that my coworkers celebrate these days and I'm not ready to operate and keep the place open by myself during these times, the busy times. It's silly to not be open when it's obviously going to be busy but I don't really care about the money right now— tradition is over everything, I guess.

There's knocking at the door and immediately the blonde boy yanks the door open and grins up at his tired looking brother. “You didn't stay with me last night.” He states.

The tattooed man nods his head, hair falling into his green eyes, he smiles down at his brother and ruffles his hair.

“I had some important work to do.” He lies.

He glances up at me but I quickly look away, forcing my attention down at a happy five year old and trying hard to ignore how he tries to catch my eyes, to catch my attention but still. I don't budge. I keep my focus on the boy and nothing and no one else— pretty petty, I know.

Charlie looks between us and frowns before bitting his lip and shrugging. He hugs me tightly and I hug him back, smiling down at him. I bend slightly and kiss his head.

He pulls away. “I'll be good at school if you promise to make me fried chicken and rolls!” He holds out his pinky.

I chuckle and nod my head. “Anything for you, prince.”

He yanks my hand in his one, quickly pulling out my own pinky finger and intertwining both of our pinkies together.

A promise.

“Amante?” Percy's voice is soft.

I turn my head back towards him, finally looking at him and I notice the guilty and hurt look on his handsome face but I don't say anything. I fold my arms and lean against the door frame, raising a questioning eyebrow up at him.

“Can I come back? After I—”

“Yes.”

I cut him off, not wanting him to say anything in front of the confused little man, ignoring the way he breaths out in relief. I gesture for them to leave and watch the two slowly walk down the hallway— Charlie suddenly becoming a chatter box talks to his brother, smiling up at him in admiration and awe and my heart clenchs in my chest.

That little boy doesn't deserve what his brother wants and plans for him. I just know it and I also know that he needs more, he needs a normal life like other children his age.

His much too young for the freaking mafia! And he should never ever be involved in it, like I said, over my dead body.

I understand what Percy said this morning about him not wanting to have children, about his reasoning. I get it. I do. But the way he said some if it was messed up and I know it. I know his scared of the future, of our future but some things shouldn't have been said and when he returns—

Oh gods, he better be prepared for my outburst!

I need him to understand that it's not just the two of us anymore, that even though we didn't create a baby, a child.

We already have one, our one and yeah, we may not have created him but I sure as hell take him as my own, my own blood, my own everything, he is mine just as much as he is his brothers and he is the most beautiful, important thing in my life and I would rather die then let any harm come to that little guy! Even if it meant going against my own love.

I do not care.

Serena gave him to me for a reason.

Charlie stops walking and turns around, smiling. “Love you, Phia!” He screams loudly, blowing me a wind kiss.

I reach my hand out and grab it, smiling brightly back at my favorite human. “I love you, Charlie!” I scream back loud enough for him to hear me and he nods, satisfied.

I have the blurb for our little man, Charlie's story! Might as well post it on here soon for you guys and maybe you would like to read it when I post it too. :) ❤

-

Earlier today I was rereading your comments about your hobbies and wow, it makes me so happy that you guys are so creative and adventurous!

-

Have you guys visited any parks, like aquariums and snake parks? Are there even those kinds of things from where you're from lol, I don't know? But when I was younger, my entire family use to visit croc parks, animal farms and so much things! It used to be fun. Do you guys have one single memory with your loved ones, where everyone was so carefree? When at home, like our Sophia, Percy and Charlie in the kitchen?

-