22

Sophia.

I softly humm the lyrics of I'm gonna love you by some country artist under my breath, cradling a hot paper cup of coffee, from the cafeteria, between my cold palms.

Today is awfully cold, so much so that every time I breath, cold air like cigarette smoke escapes from my nose or mouth. It was fun to show Charlie that in the morning but now, all I want to do is cosy up between my warm blankets and falling asleep on my comfortable bed— would be nice.

But instead of that,

I had classes way to early to concentrate and now, I'm hungry and moody. I really just want to back to the cafe and start work, even though I already feel so drained.

“Sophia!” A familiar voice calls once in near the parking lot, I spot his familiar black car just as I'm turning back around to face shaggy brown hair. He waves an envelope up and immediately a smile, forcing myself not to sequel.

“I've got the goods.” He jokes and comes to stand in front of me and I don't waste time, I quickly pounce on him.

My arms wrap around his thin frame tightly and he chuckles at my response, hugging me back but not so forcefully which I understand. I'm practically cutting off all his air supply by hugging him like a python snake.

I can't help myself.

His just made my day really, really good.

I pull away after a short while when a loud car door slams and snaps me out of my weird and crazy trance.

“So, you've looked through right?” I ask, suddenly feeling tense. I chew on my lip as I wait for his answer.

Kyvan nods his head in an affirmative yes and I breath out a breathe of relief while he comes to stand closer to me, pulling and tugging at the envelope and its contents.

“It wasn't all that hard, really but I'm glad you came to me with your problem. Actually I'm a little shocked that you remembered I'm a geek for these sorts of things, nonetheless, I am happy to help— yeah, sorry. I tend to rant when I'm excited.” He awkwardly chuckles and scratches his head. “Here, look at all these while I explain.”

I nod my head with a huge smile on my face as we both go through everything together, his words encouraging me.

And when we finally stop after minutes, I'm more than happy, so happy that I could kiss his cute self— obviously, I won't, but I'm that happy that could do it but won't do it.

I hug him once more after I've fully thanked him endlessly and most probably, I'll thank him alot more, everyday in class or around campus. I could hear be anymore grateful, I swear it. I finally bid him goodbye after my late thank you.

The smile on my face is bright as ever when I turn around but I freeze when I see the darkness in his eyes.

I force myself to move forward, keeping my smile. I act un phased my his calculus and deadly, angered stare on me. It's nothing new because I've experienced this expression from him a lot recently and now I'm so used to it.

His eyes glance down at my hands and what I'm holding onto so tightly before looking back up at me, confused.

I open my mouth to tell him the good news but a loud, screeching voice stops me. “Hey, handsome.” She greets, smiling up at him flirtatiously and I almost gag but I stop that face too when I see him wrap his arms around her.

Anger and jealously flood me.

I chew on the inside of my cheek as I watch the pair flirt with each other, in front of me as if I'm not here.