20

Sophia.

Charlie tirelessly smiles up at me as soon as his eyelids start to flutter and something tells me his about to ask something that I don't have an answer to. “Mummia?”

There it is.

I'm sure that must mean something about mother.

I open my mouth to tell him a lie, that maybe she'll be back soon but Kings voice stops me. “Lei non è qui.” He says.

Whatever he said to the little guy has him nodding his head and looking back up at me, only this time, he has glassy teary eyes. “Where?” He quietly questions.

My hand reaches between us and I gently cup his soft cheek, I stroke my fingers against him before lugging him up so that his standing on me and facing the window. I hear a tiny gasp escape from his lips before he shoves his whole chubby face against the window, breathing hard against it— it causes me to laugh at the cute sight.

I don't remove him from awwing over the window and I keep my attention on him as my hands gently grip his sides, if just incase he slips off my lap and falls.

Georgina peeks her head from the front seat when he starts mumbling to himself and a smile graces her lips.

I quickly scan her features and a quiet sigh falls from my own lips. I would never have thought that these two were watching me all those days at home. It's almost unreal.

That, and the fact that my once, somewhat decent life had turned so suddenly into a whirlwind of events.

I used to be this girl, the one that already had enough problems with a once annoying aunt continuously bugging and nagging at her. I had my cafe to run and work through, everyday and add stressful college and babysitting to my mix, it all had been enough to keep me occupied— and, then I met King who brought happiness but so much pain and hurt and stress— it was all just too much.

And I don't think I could ever do that again. The love, the sex, the friends, the drinking, basically everything.

When the terms of love came through with me being involved. I knew I would never grow to love anyone, romantically, in my life but now that I have. I know it's also deadly and it's going to be hard letting go so quickly.

But,

I also know that if I had ever wanted to fall in love then this wouldn't be it. I wouldn't want to love and live like this.

“I swear, every time I see you. It's always with kids.”

I blink once, twice and thrice, trying to focus on her and not on my faraway thoughts. I nod my head at her. “I like 'em, they're cute and kind and playful.” I state, smiling .

I swear I hear the big man next to me snort and if I had turned to watch his expression, he would have shaked his head and most probably made a snark comment about how he too could be all of those things I've mentioned.

An airport comes into view and my heart falls into my stomach, my mind whispering to me that this is it.

“Aerei!” The boy in my arms screams in excitement.

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth, chewing on the soft skin slightly, in contemplation as I stare at the little blonde boy and my decision is already set in finality.

“Georgina?” I call and immediately as if she's summoned, she turns around and connects our eyes, smiling brightly at me. I return the smile back and gesture down to the boy. “I want to keep him with me, if that's fi—”