19

Sophia.

Everything next happens in a blur and tears fill my eyes as the body before me lies on the floor boards, so unmoving and dead, something inside of me snaps and I grow angry.

Georgina and Mario must have heard my blood curdling scream because the two of them run into the room with their guns out but when they witness the horrific sight, they are quick to put the black death machines away.

Thankfully because I've already seen enough of those things being pointed around like play things. I hate it.

“Take Charlie for a minute and wait in the car, we won't be long.” I tell the two as I hand over the scared awake boy.

I take in a deep breath and my hand goes to my chest, trying to ease the tightening feeling I suddenly feel. It's awful. I turn back around and send my hardest glare into those green eyes, they don't even flinch for a second.

I can't look back down at the ground, two dead bodies of people I've come to care about, killed by the man I love.

“You shouldn't have done that. She didn't de—”

He laughs, as if it's the most funniest thing in the world and I take a step back. “Don't you dare try to fucking stand up for her, you don't fucking know her.” He snaps.

“And neither do you!” I snap right back.

His eyes narrow at me but luckily he keeps our distance and doesn't answer me. He probably doesn't know how which is good and I take the dead silence and his faraway look to slip back to the kitchen, remembering the way to her room and just like she had said, there's a box on her bed with my name scribbled across it— I quickly grab it and go to send some of the baby boys essentials.

It'll do for now until we get back home. I could take him to the mall and get some newer and nicer ones.

“What are you doing?” Kings voice questions from the doorway and I ignore him but I do remember to grab those pictures for our inevitable argument that'll come later on.

I hear his footsteps as he enters the room and looks around, “I hope you aren't thinking about taking that orphan home with us.” He says and comes to stand directly behind me, his arms curl around my waist.

“No.” I mumble.

He signs and it hits my neck, “Good. I hate k—”

“I'm taking that little child who just got his parents snatched away from him. I'm taking him home with me.”

He quickly detaches himself from me and spins me around to face him. “Home with you? Not with us.” He quietly murmurs, looking down at me in utter confusion.

I shake my head no, gently placing my hand against his chest. I push him back to put some well deserved distance between the two of us. “There is no longer an us, it's just you and I, now. It's broken, we're broken.” I state.

King glares at me, his jaw is clenched and his hands are fisted as he watches me turn back around.

I can't face him. I can't even look at him.

Especially now when all the killing is out of the way.

Everything is different now.

I need him to realize that him and I can no longer be together because some things are just too hard to let go of, some people have a limit for how much hurt they can consume and I'm over feed. I can't do this anymore.