2.8

Two months later

Izzy POV

"Happy Birthday to you.." everyone sung to me. Today was my birthday and my family and friends surprised me with a party since i was out here in Baltimore. To my surprise Nique was here as well. It had been Two months since the last time i went back to Atlanta or ive seen Ashley. I checked up on the baby every now and she would send me updates but that was pretty much it.

"Happy Birthday Son" my dad says dapping me up before my mom gives me a hug. I was surprised that her and my dad were even in the same room. It felt good to have them both there. After making my rounds, thanking everyone, i set my eyes on Nique and make my way towards her. As i get closer i see that she seems to be having a conversation with Maya, Kings girl. It was a little odd considering i never knew they knew each other and that was Ashleys friend. As they see me approaching they halt in their conversation.

"ill talk to you later Nique" Maya says before telling me happy birthday and going to find King.

"You like the party baby?" Nique says hugging me

"yeah its nice. Ian know you was cool with Maya" i say trying to slick try and understand how they know each other.

"oh yeah, i met her a couple of months ago at an appearance. She real cool" She says taking a sip of her drink. Brushing it off i figure i'll enjoy my party before i have another stressful week before i can head back to Atlanta. I pick up my phone to see many Happy Birthday texts. I scroll them to see messages from distant family members, people ive done business with, and even Alek telling me that his feelings were hurt he didn't get an invite. I them look to see one that was sent earlier this morning.

Ashley: Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy your day.

I couldnt help but smile. Although we have only just gotten to know each other we have became a huge part of each others lives. After telling her a simple thank you i make my way back into the party.

Ashley POV

"i am not eating that" Michael says as i laugh trying to hand him the seafood

"come onnn.." i push. "its just a shrimp" i laugh

"yeah. With the head still on" he says looking at it in disgust. Michael and i have been hanging out over these last months and he is a very nice man. I've learned about his heritage and that he is 31 years old, Nigerian and has a 4 year-old-daughter . He also has a Overall i feel like he is an old friend that i just gotten back in contact with. We have established that we should stay friends as of right now because my main focus is my son and his is getting his Daughter. Even with his hectic work schedule he has made time to hang out with me, which i thought was very caring.

Right now we are sitting in a seafood restaurant called the Juicy crab because i wanted some crab legs. I danced in my seat a little as i sucked the juice off of the shrimp before peeling it.

"it better be good ash" he says recording me. I then laugh before pushing my big curly hair out of my face. I decided to let my natural hair out because this little boy has had my hair growing stronger and im not complaining. After our meal we head back to his new range rover. I helped him pick it out since he was about to get another honda civic. Dont get me wrong. Theres nothing wrong with honda but he didn't need another one.

I pick up my phone scrolling through my instagram stories and i notice Maya at a party. I pay it no mind until i am scrolling down my time line and see a shade room post of Izzys Birthday Party today and it has the same decor. Me being nosy i couldnt help myself. So i looked back and forth between the two posts and decided that i couldnt be confirmed but it was damn sure the same party.