15. Noodles and Memories

I waited for Isaac in front of the store. I felt kind of bad as I felt like I was a burden but this was the deal we made so I knew I shouldn't feel that way. He arrived in less than ten minutes as if he was waiting for my text.

"Thank you for doing this," I said.

"Thank you for letting me sleep somewhere that's bigger than a closet since I'm 'like eight feet tall,' he joked.

I giggled. I'm still slightly embarrassed for having a big mouth and calling him a giant. It wasn't like he was abnormally large, I was just petite. People always mistake me for being 17 or 18 even though I was almost 25.

He started driving but he went in the opposite direction of my house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I wanted to take you somewhere. Is that okay?" he's asked.

I thought about it. It's not like I have anything better to do and I should trust him so why not.

"I suppose that's fine," I said.

"Are you scared?" he asked sensing my discomfort.

"No no I'm fine. But where are you taking me?" I asked again.

"Well...I am hungry and I'm assuming you are too so I'm taking you to my favorite restaurant. Is that okay?" he asked.

"Yes," I said quietly. I normally would prefer a guy to ask me first before taking me somewhere but for some reason, being around Isaac was comforting and I felt like I wouldn't mind going anywhere with him.

We arrived at a noodle place. He opened the door and held his hand out for me but I froze. I couldn't control my emotions as I looked at the bright red sign and the Koi pond where David and I spent an endless amount of time and money. It was his favorite restaurant where he insisted on going every single week.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks before I could control them.

"Anna? What's wrong?" Isaac came back inside and cupped my cheeks.

"I...I'm so sorry. Can we go somewhere else?" I said in a choked whisper.

He looked at me intently. Then suddenly he grabbed my shoulders and pulled me toward him. He put his arms around me then held me tightly against his chest.

I wanted to protest and pull away but the warmth of his body drained all of my strengths. At least that's what it felt like at the time.

He stroked my hair gently while I wept, ruining his shirt with my tears. How embarrassing.

"Shh...just let it out," he said in a soft voice.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm so stupid," I said between sobbing.

"You aren't stupid. You are still hurting," he leaned down and kissed my forehead. It sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted him to kiss me again.

"Let's go eat somewhere else. I can't have you crying The whole time I'm eating my noodles. It'll take the fun out of dinner," he smirked.

"No!" I protested. He looked at me with surprise. "I'm fine now. I want to eat here. It's one of my favorite restaurants too and I've been avoiding it for a year. I don't want to do that anymore." I said.

"Well if you are sure..." he said.

"I'm positive," I smiled then held his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Great then let's eat!" he said excitedly and smiled like a little boy.