Chapter 125

The couple spent most of the morning in the garden together, having thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast made by Gary which was surprisingly very nice considering he wasn't a natural in the kitchen, and Cheryl had barely thought of the night before once. "I'm gonna get changed, I wanna sunbathe!" she suddenly jumped up from the table, making Tre laugh at how animated she was as she skipped back inside the house. Once she'd disappeared, he began collecting together all of their breakfast dishes to take back to the kitchen, trying his best not to trip over Buster who was trotting around his heels, desperate for the little bit of bacon left on one of the plates.

"Here...take it greedy guts!" Tre chuckled before throwing it down to the tiny dog who gobbled it up straight away as Tre shook his head despairingly. As he began washing up however, his phone suddenly began ringing on the kitchen table, leading to him quickly drying his hands before he rushed over and smiled as he heard Beth's voice answer. "Hey Beth, what's up?"

"Hello Tre...I was just wondering, would you be able to pop by and help me with some stuff for Cheryl's new video?...with Tyrell not here, I could do with a quick hand if you don't mind..." she asked as Tre thought carefully, not really wanting to leave Cheryl alone today.

"Erm...I'd love to, but could I get back to you in like 10 minutes?...I just need to check something" he replied, thinking that if he left Cheryl by herself, she would just start thinking about last night again and upset herself, which he definitely didn't want to see happen again.

"Sure Tre, that's fine...just let me know if you can...see ya!" Beth cheerfully responded before hanging up.

Tre sat at the kitchen table for a few minutes thinking hard. He knew that Lily and Gary were going to be working for most of the day, and Kimberley would be at the theatre, plus if Cheryl knew what he was trying to arrange she wouldn't let him anyway, but he wasn't going to leave her by herself today, he knew that for certain. He began searching through his phone and finally stumbled upon Nicola's number, prompting him to give her a call. "Hi Nicola, it's just Tre..." he smiled as he heard her pick up, feeling a bit awkward as he hadn't ever called her before and she was probably wondering why the hell he was ringing her.

"Oh, hi Tre!...How are you? Is everything okay?..." Nicola's strong Liverpool accent was heard from the other end of the phone.

"I'm good thanks...erm...if you're not busy this afternoon, could you maybe pop around to see Chez?...just don't go saying I actually asked you, cos she'll kill me!...haha" he asked, sniggering slightly after realising this probably sounded very weird.

"Haha...yeah I'm free, that's fine...why though?" she chuckled, not having a clue what this was all about.

"It's just she came back last night after having one of her book meetings and she'd been having to talk about when she had Malaria...she was so upset, it was horrible, I've never seen anybody cry that much...and I mean she seems alright this morning, I think she got it all out last night, but I need to just pop out for a couple of hours to see Beth and I really don't want her being by herself or feeling lonely today...if you could just distract her so that she doesn't start thinking about it again, that would be really good" Tre explained, getting a slight knot in his stomach as he thought back to how Cheryl had been the night before and how much she'd been hurting.

"Oh bless her! Of course I'll come over, I'll come now!...at least she never has to really speak about it again now though if it's in her book, people will never have to ask her about it and she can just try and move on from it can't she?...This is really sweet of you Tre, you're just what she needs...it would have been horrible if she'd had to come home to no one last night when she was feeling like that...she's very lucky to have you" Nicola kindly replied, making Tre smile slightly.