CH5 - A chance to become someone

"There are two things I hate. Waiting and being rushed." Yusuke complained as he pouts like a child with arms and legs crossed. "And what you know, that's all I had been doing lately."

"Well Yusuke, important people like Koenma are always quite busy." Reasoned Botan who had been keeping Yusuke with her company for the past week or so. He scoffed at that before turning away from the blue-haired girl.

Ever since that fire incident, the teen spirit had been nothing but impatient. He wants to get this revival done fast, but it seems like Koenma had other important things to take care of, leaving Yusuke in a corner and make him wait.

"Hah, those guys just like to keep you waiting to make you think they're important." Yusuke grumbled under his breath. "Besides, how busy a toddler can be?"

"I thought we agreed you would stop calling me that." The said person appeared behind Yusuke and it gave him quite a fright.

"Koenma!" Yusuke shouted.

"Yo!" Koenma greets him and his colleague back. As soon as Yusuke recovered from the shock, he became pissed.

"Don't sneak up on me it really pisses me off-!" Yusuke shouted but Botan quickly took action and shut the boy up.

"Hey, Koenma sir." Botan began as she nervously laughed in front of her boss. "Yusuke was just wondering when would it be a good time to bring him back to life." She saved as Yusuke was trying to free himself from the girl's grasp.

"Ah yes about that matter, it seems we are going to have to rush. " Koenma said making Yusuke growl at the toddler spirit once Botan released him.

"Come with me!" Koenma called as he flew over to Yusuke, grab him by the hand, and as a speed of light rushed over to his new home where his family is living now.

In the living room, Atsuko was sitting in a comfortable chair while her daughter was writing the notes, and homework Keiko had given her during her healing process. Since the incident, Miyuki finally managed to check the wound the fire had marked her with. The doctor said it will probably heal within two or three weeks and for the time being, he advises a lot of rest along with one week off from school.

"Nice pad, my mother must have had good fire insurance." Yusuke said, making Miyuki's pen froze at the end of the sentence." So, are we going to put me back in my body now? " Her brother continued on as her sister slowly got up from her seat and began putting her notes away.

"Not just yet." Koenma replied as he turned to Yusuke. "Energy in the body and energy of the soul have their own wavelengths unless the two are perfectly aligned. They cannot join, which won't happen till tomorrow." The news got the boy excited and of course, he can't help but grin.

"Wow, starting tomorrow I'll be a real human with fists and everything!" He said as his smile became a lot bigger.

"Well, that's the best-case scenario." Koenma pointed out with a tone that made Yusuke frown. "There is a small problem." The toddler then pointed one finger at the spirit boy that it almost touched Yusuke's nose. "The frequencies of your wavelength, interesting enough, are lower than most peoples. If you miss this chance tomorrow, you'll have to wait a while till they regaling" Oblivious to all of them Miyuki, who was standing by the door frame was listening to their conversation.

"What are we talking about? Like weeks or months?" Yusuke asked puzzled.

"Fifty-two years." The answer freaked the boy out entirely.

"FIFTY-TWO YEARS?!?!" Yusuke screamed as his jaw dropped.

"Yes, but I think it would be wise if you would try to do it tomorrow instead." Koenma replied with a serious tone. "In order to do that you need someone from the living world, who cares about you at least a little bit to donate the live energy."