CHAPTER THREE

The grand theater is all set.

the gold chandeliers adorned the golden walls, seat railings covered with gold wreaths and glitters, and fascinating bulbs throughout the halls brightened the surroundings as the people began filling the seats.

The huge, spacious stage is covered by thick maroon curtains, blocking the prepared ballerinas behind it.

At the backstage, you can see the staffs and crews of both Seoul Ballet High and the people working with the event's coordinators—all frantically busy and handful.

Yeji playfully glided and twirled until she reached her best friend, giggling at the sight of her looking disgusted.

"Come on, Summer, dance with me."

The girl left with no choice, hands being held by her friend as they danced through their laughter around the stretching ballerinas.

"Girls, prepare!" Jinri instructed, putting a halt to the two girls' dramatic roleplaying.

A string of mic screech filled their ears, groaning at the defeaning sound.

Standing on the platform is the night's host, dressed in a white suit. He held the mic with a proud smile, his eyes roaming at the seats, fully filled with people waiting patiently.

The main doors are already closed, and two guards are standing at two ends.

A man from the VIP seat nodded, the signal reaching the host as he lightly bowed and readied himself to start the show.

☀️

[The show's starting.] Renjun's voice echoed the other line.

A grin curled on the gang leader's lips.

"I'm kind of sorry for the innocent people though, they're so clueless." Chenle said with a pout, yet his built body and sharp, narrow eyes contrasted with his soft words.

Jisung rolled his eyes, snatching the duffle bag from the brown-haired man and zipping it open, pulling out a sniper and its stand.

"Ya, it's my shot!"

But the younger remained emotionless, hands busy assembling. He placed the sniper on the stand for the final piece, smirking at how he managed to do it without their leader's orders.

"I'm telling Haechan." the older man said with a glare.

"Shut up, Chenle, you don't even listen to him,. he snarled, putting his eye on the scope and beginning to adjust the weapon.

"He didn't say any"

[Zhong Chenle, for the 4th fuckin time, I need you here in front.] Donghyuck's irritated voice bounced through the earpiece

Chenle's jaw dropped and looked at Jisung, only seeing the boy winking at him.

He groaned and stomped away, slamming the door to the rooftop as he took the elevator down the building.

"What took you so long?"

"Well, I'm sorry, it's actually my shot!" he answered while pointing at the building where Jisung is.

"Ugh, he's targeting the vice president, stupidood! Go to that orange building; you will see Jeno there with a sniper."

Chenle's face lit up, shrieking as he placed an excited kiss on Donhyuck's cheek and ran (more like waddled) to the said building, which is just a few steps away.

"Ugh, Jaemin, where are you?"

He heard a teasing, raspy laugh on the other line, rolling his eyes as he muttered curse words in different languages, asking why he had recruited such assholes.

"Oops, not assholes, Lee Donghyuck, my friend. If it will bring you in a good mood, then I'm here at the door to the backstage."

"Finally some sensible answer. Jeno?"

[On the way.]

"Good. Me and Mark will take the front. Renjun?"

[Uh yeah, the coast is clear.]

"No gang gangs outside?"

[Hmm, nope, all of them are inside.]

That made Donghyuck chuckle deeply, running his fingers on his hair as a habit. He then pulled out his usual black and silver-colored mask, covering his nose and mouth.

"Idiots"

☀️

"... before we start, can I ask our founder for this night's event, the president of Jin Finance Corporation, Mr. Kim Hoon?"

The man in a maroon suit stood up, his old wobbly legs shaking as he remained in balance, and he waved at the crowd.

[That's him.] Renjun said. [Beside him in the blue suit is the vice.]

"Copy" Donghyuck mumbled, pulling out his gun and his holster.

In case you're all confused by the names 'Donghyuck' and 'Haechan', they are still the same person, okay? I'm just using both his names for certain situations (for ex: the others would call him both names, but for the narration, I consistently use...

In case you're all confused by the names 'Donghyuck' and 'Haechan', they are still the same person, okay? I'm just using both his names for certain situations (for ex: the others would call him both names, but for the narration, I consistently use Donghyuck)