CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

The midnight air passed through his bare skin.

His thin layer of shirt waving through, the mop of his long brown hair tickling his dark stoic eyes, hands stuffed in the pocket of his black leather jeans as his boots click on the designated alleyway.

Donghyuck had his nose scrunched. The familiar, intoxicating smell of illegal drugs, along with the fucked-up thick air of smoke, rushed up his veins.

He needs them.

"Oi Haechan! Glad you came!" the inviting tone of one of his close friends made him smirk, the two of them making their way deeper to the secret hangout.

"Ma boy's here!"

The group of three boys looked up in chorus, their lips playing in a grin, as the friend who welcomed him pulled him down to the chair made of bricks.

"Only four of you?" Donghyuck asked while eyeing each one of them.

"Well, the others are going on with their heavenly lives; we don't want to disturb them, aren't we?" Yuta answered with a mocking voice.

"Still no contact?"

They shrugged, and Donghyuck just hummed, reaching for a piece of weed, but the moment he came into contact, his wrist just had to put on a show.

"Oh, hold there, you met your soulmate!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Johnny, you shouldn't call him here." Taeyong said in a disappointed tone.

"Oh, come on, he didn't even tell me that he met her! Let ma boy live." Johnny answered, flashing a cheeky smile.

"Trust me, she can taste that."

Donghyuck just smirked and shrugged off Mark's words and lit up the weed. "Nah, it's fine."

☀️

Yeoreum woke up with a sudden rasp in her throat, the minty taste flowing as her lips began to dry up.

She jolted up, light-headed, feeling the world shake beneath her.

"Fuck, I'm sick." she groggily said, trying to reach out for the bottled water, but her fingers accidentally shoved it, causing it to roll up to the floor.

The faint bang oddly woke Yoonoh up, drawing him to the direction of the girl's bedroom, which's just a door beside him, a thick wall separating their rooms.

Disoriented, he walked over to the spot, knocking multiple times.

"Reum? Is everything okay there?"

"Yoon, help!"

The weakened, troubled voice made his eyes snap open, and panic ran over him as the first thing that popped into his mind was the key.

So he ran back to his room and rummaged through his drawers, trying to find the spare key to each of the apartment's rooms.

Once he unlocked the door, he instantly flung it open and caught sight of the girl curling up on her headboard, one hand clutching her head.

"YEOREUM!"

Yoonoh frantically rushed up beside her, a hand on her back as his eyes trailed on her body.

"What's happening?"

"I don't know—argh" She began gagging on the unpleasant feeling

"Donghyuck.." he muttered, and his eyes landed on the water bottle on the floor. He quickly picked it up and twisted the lid. "Here, drink first."

Yeoreum winced at the lingering pain and minty taste when the water glided down to her throat.

"How are you feeling?"

"My head hurts so bad.. and."

"And?"

"I sure felt cigars.. and.. drugs?"

Yoonoh's anger rose, and he took deep breaths from time to time as he tried his hardest to calm himself down.

"Yeoreum.."

"Yeah?"

"I need your permission to beat up your ass of a soulmate."