CHAPTER FIVE

The continuous wails from the police sirens filled her ears, hands clutching the soft blanket closer to her frail body, head hung low as she sat on the back of the ambulance.

Some nurses are checking on her, worried for the girl who's only replying with a nod and a shrug.

"Yeoreum!" Even the familiar voice of her cousin didn't make her budge.

"What happened?" Yoonoh immediately asked the moment he reached her spot, hands on his knees as he panted.

"A gang barged in when they're performing. It was said that the Jin Finance Corporation also has men in a gang, and that was the reason for the sudden fight. The officials are still checking on it," the nurse who attended Yeoreum answered.

"And yeoreum?"

"She's been held up with Jin's man, probably traumatized, sir."

Yoonoh's shoulders dropped as he exhaled in both guilt and disbelief.

He frantically crouched down in front of her, hands on her shoulders, as he lightly shook her body. 

"Reum? Yeoreum, at least look at me."

But the girl still didn't budge; a flash of memories crowded her mind as she turned paler than ever.

"If it's okay to ask, did she ever get into this situation before? Because it looks like it's her trauma that's triggering."

Yoonoh sighed and slowly nodded. "Her parents."

The nurse left out an 'oh'.. eyes trailed to the trembling girl in worry.

"We can take her to the hospital if..."

"No," her weakened voice cuts her, "I don't like it there."

Yoonoh showed a small apologetic smile to the nurse, and the woman just returned with an understanding nod and finally left the two after saying that Yeoreum's vitals were okay.

"Reum? Do you want me to take you away?"

The girl slowly nodded and let the older man pull her up, tearing the blanket off her body and letting her slip into his hoodie instead. The girl still had her ballet clothes on.

Yoonoh took a quick good-bye to their head mentor first and led Yeoreum to his car.

The whole car ride is rather silent, which is unusual for the cousins since they're basically loud when together.

Yoonoh flickered his eyes at her for a second and sighed, "I'm sorry, Yeoreum-ah. I'm sorry I can't be there."

Yeoreum gulped down the lump on her throat. A shaky breath escaped her lips. "It's okay.. you have work, I understand." she answered, almost whispering, her voice still lacking volume.

"If only I could take the night off. I probably would have taken you out when those idiots—"

"Yoon, please; I'm trying to forget it."