CHAPTER TWELVE

The door chime once again rang, and a set of footsteps nearing his direction made him look up.

Brow raising, Yoonoh darted his eyes to the only boy he's expecting to see.

"9 AM, so nice." he smirked, lightly pushing the coffee towards him.

"We're having a tracking mission; it won't take long."

The older man hummed, taking a sip of his own coffee, and clicked his tongue. "What did I tell you?"

Donghyuck looked back, meeting his dark, stoic eyes. Sighing, he took a sip and said, "Sorry."

"You should be."

The younger man rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw for a second. "Why don't you want them to meet?"

"Who?"

"Yeoreum and Jaemin"

Yoonoh snapped back, seeing a sly grin on his lips.

"Don't tell me you're too selfish."

"It's not being selfish; it's all about their safety."

"What will you do now? They're bound to meet even if you're doing everything to keep them away. After all, she'll become too close to me. After that, she'll meet him in the process."

Yoonoh stayed silent and just drank his coffee.

"Oh right!" Donghyuck snapped his fingers and chuckled. "They met."

"When?"

"Ahh, yeah, that time at the department store. I'm with Jaemin."

Yoonoh's eyes widened and he clenched his fist, placing it on his lap.

"Don't worry, they haven't talked.. though they just had a small eye contact, just that."

He sighed in relief and nodded. "That's fine, then."

"Hyung, you can't keep it a secret forever."

"I know, fuck, but not today, okay?"

"Gosh, they're already mature enough! They are in the right mind, and they have the right to know that! They're family!"

"It's none of your business, so just do me a favor, and that is to take care of her and be damn nice, Hyuck! You're soulmates for a reason."

"I wonder what's the reason." he smirked, and the older man just rolled his eyes.

"Meet her one of these days."

"Why should–"

"As much as I want to see you weaken for you to know the consequences, but I don't want her to be in the shitty pain that you mainly caused."

Donghyuck let out a sharp exhale and chugged his coffee until the last drop.