CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

Pain.

The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth as she forcefully coughed while clutching her chest.

The feeling of knives piercing her heart ran through her veins. The strong pain and the painful, electrifying feeling on her wrist made her drop on the cold, hard floor.

She covered her mouth and once again coughed, only to see droplets of blood on her palm. She trembled.

"YEOREUM!" Yoonoh flashed in panic as he tried to pull the girl up, but the sight of the red liquid washed her energy away.

"I knew this would happen." he said, cussing and carrying her securely in his arms, quickly grabbing his car keys on the table, and storming out.

"Yoon.."

"Shhh, I know"

She winced in pain and began rubbing her chest, but just emitted more pain.

"I c-can't.. breathe.."

"No, you must fight it off or else," he stopped as the glow on her wrist turned into hues of red. "No, no, no," he panicked and hit the gas, not caring if he's disobeying the speed rules.

He plugged in an earpiece and wired it to the Dream, waiting for the signal to be accepted.

[Hyung–]

"We're on the way."

[Hurry, please.. Hyuck is"

"No! Not today! Fucking shit!"

He threw the device off, and his grip on the wheel tightened, sparing glances at the girl from time to time, seeing her eyes daring to close.

"Hang in there, please." he said, and he drove much faster than possible.

☀️

"It's nearly impossible." Mark whimpered as he slid against the wall, dropping to the floor.

"We're sorry. We were late."

"Enough, Ji." Jeno cuts in, but the younger responded with louder cries.

"Pinch me to reality, please." Jaemin let out a distressed sigh.

Suddenly, the security alarm went off, and Renjun quickly got back to the security basement, only to be greeted with Yoonoh's figure, carrying someone.

"Hyung–"

"Lead me to the room." he cut Chenle off, and the younger immediately obliged.

There, he saw the group of boys on the floor, trying hard to shrug off their painful cries.

No.. not today

"Harae, Yeoreum's here," Chenle informed the doctor as he successfully passed the room security in the medical room.

The door automatically opened, and Yoonoh didn't waste any more seconds running in just to see a live surgical operation.

They already opened Donghyuck's chest.

"Where should I go?" he stared down at the unconscious girl in his arms.

"We don't know if this will work, but let me have her." Aeri carried the girl and gently placed her beside the boy, lacing their hands together.

Harae sighed, seeing the tattoo glow, but the color just turned a darker shade of red.

But still, she calmed herself, hoped, and continued her best to pull out the bullet without causing any more damage.

The problem? It pierced nearly close to his heart.

Another hour had passed, and the boys gathered in the living room, having already cleaned themselves up courtesy of Yoonoh's anger.

Aeri peeked through the doorway, her heart cracking at the situation.

She made her way to her soulmate, engulfing him in a back hug.

"Shhh, Jaem" she whispered, nuzzling her head on his neck.

"I can't afford to lose her too" he cried.

The others had their tears once again fall, the air thick, and the house screamed horror.

Jaemin's faint cries filled their ears, and they felt a heavy weight on their chest.

What should they do now?