CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

"ULSAN BRANCH IS ALSO DOWN!" Hanbin punched the TV screen, leaving cracks as it glitched.

Blood came running from his fist, but he spared no attention, turning on his heel to meet his people's eyes.

"Let them raid the other three then."

"BUT HANBIN!" Junhoe stepped in with her eyes widening.

"You don't want to have a lower number of men, don't you?" Jinhwan said with arms crossed.

"We're never outnumbered ever since, guys."

"NCT might show up, Hanbin." Bobby said.

The leader clicked his tongue and sat on top of his desk.

"Let them then."

"Oh my god, are you retreating?"

"That's the least thing I would do, Yunhyeong. That cousin of yours will be dead easier than you know."

"So confident" Chanwoo said, rolling his eyes.

"Ahh, you don't know?"

The others raised a brow.

"He's actually down. Seunghoon knocked him" he smirked.

☀️

"Nothing relevant is in here, actually... just common plans like taking over and killing Jaemin." Taeyong said as he browsed the files on the flash drive that they retrieved.

"Haechan's still unresponsive." Mark informed Renjun after he's done talking to him.

Taeyong sighed, massaging his temples.

"Please, hyung, we need more possible manpower. IKON really did gather a lot of men. We're just seven," Mark pleaded.

The older man pursed his lips tight and nodded. "I'll call the others."

Their faces lit up.

"But you knew you couldn't expect much. Most of them have their own families."

☀️

The whole week was covered with blood for the boys.

They successfully blew up the remaining 3 sub-headquarters, and all left is the main one.

They're now gathered in a meeting hall, seated face-to-face with several men that they grew up with.

"I'm sorry, some of them"

"This is perfect enough. Hyungs, thank you," Mark said with a visible, grateful smile.

"Nah, kiddo, I'm also up for some slicing and shooting moments, you know." Lucas beamed.

"We can't afford to lose more." Johnny shrugged.

"We're basically fucked up enough, so why get fucked up more?"

"YUTA!"

The said boy huffed, placed the beer back on the table, and sheepishly smiled.

Taeyong can just roll his eyes.

"I'm up too, but only for backup as usual." Jungwoo said

"You need fair numbers of medics." Doyoung added

"Then it's settled. You worked so hard, kids. By tomorrow, we'll resume training."

The others' breaths hitched, making Taeyong grin.

"Prepare, boys. We're back in the field."