CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

"You'll be okay," Yoonoh whispered as he stared at the two, still unconscious.

The sun tattoos are now a lighter shade of red, but he's still scared that the bloody color hasn't faded out.

"Hope you won't hate us, though?" he lightly chuckled, but tears replaced it a second later.

"We'll be right back earlier than you know."

☀️

[Take cover]

Jeno nudged his head forward, and Jaemin took the position to kick the door open and instantly fired.

They're now in Ulsan, the second headquarter that they'll be raiding.

Donghyuck's absence is still affecting them, but their determination to win this round without someone knocking them down beats them to it.

They clutched their hearts and bodies to this; no more slacking and mistakes.

As usual, the ChenJi duo took the best sniping spot—now more merciless than ever.

Even though they're still taking orders from either Mark or Yoonoh, most of the shots are done at their own will.

[Good. Jinwoo is left.]

"You take Jinwoo." Chenle said, lowering his eye patch.

"But, Chenle, I might–"

"This is the only way to erase your traumas. Face it."

The youngest took a deep breath and aimed closely at the man, waiting for an order.

"Are you sure this is the one, though?" Jaemin whispered as he rolled over to the older man's side.

"Trust me, I don't want to believe that Woojin shit too, but the reports from that man Haechan talked with matched." Jeno replied.

"Now or never." he shrugged and pasted a small bomb on the metal door.

After a minimum of 5 seconds, it exploded and the safe opened.

"Sexy," the red-haired man muttered, and both did a fist bump.

Jaemin pulled out a black case and took the liberty to open it, revealing a golden gun.

They both shared a look.

"This is not a gun."

"Welcome, I guess" Jinwoo smirked.

"Should we thank you then?"

"Ahh, Jaehyun! Did you retire?"

"I don't know. Did I?"

He clicked his tongue and was about to pull out a gun when a bullet pierced his arm.

His gun dropped beside him, too visible to the other.

"Where the fuck?"

"Oops, it seems like the kids caught you," Yoonoh smirked and aimed his own gun at him. "So?"

"So what!?"

Mark's chuckles gained their attention seeing him running his fingers to the drawers, "Let's see.. where is NCT?"

"Fuck-AH!" and this time, it dug into his upper back.

"Gosh, you have so many weapons." Mark deadpanned, and his face lit up when he opened a specific drawer, but all he saw was a flash drive.

"Really? Just this? You poor creatures. But oh well."

He shrugged and stuffed it in his pocket. "You can kill him now."

"Really? No more interrogation time?", Jinwoo scoffed

"Oh, you want to? We'll be honored then," Yoonoh beamed and crossed his arms. "So what is IKON's doing now?"

"Planning to take you down?"

"Disappointed but not surprised," he said, pulling a chair and comfortably settling on it. "Anything else?"

"Prolly killing Jaemin in the process."

"Mmm, okay," he shrugged and shot at his chest, causing his eyes to widen more because of the unexpected time. "Surprised?" he chuckled. "That's how Haechan felt, you losers."

"I bet that leader is crawling to his death bed, n-AH!"

The two snapped behind them, seeing Jaemin and Jeno on the doorway, the blonde carrying a golden gun.

[Hold on, is that a drugging gun?] Jisung asked

"Uh, yeah?" Jaemin answered. His eyes darted at Jinwoo, who's now unconscious on the floor with a needle on his neck. "Well, that was fast."