CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Dragging her feet to the school benches is the exhausted girl, Na Yeoreum, who basically came late on first period, received a warning, almost tripped on a rock, and now slumps on the empty space beside the two girls who're practically eyeing her with a straw of their banana milk stuffed on their mouths.

Naih nudged the older, nudging her head to the newly arrived short-haired

Yeji just sighed, snapping her fingers at her as she flinched and blinked multiple times.

"What's with you?"

With the question, Yeoreum's shoulders automatically slumped, and her lips formed into a pout.

"Donghyuck doesn't want to talk to me."

"He didn't what!?" Naih burst, but Yeji was quick to calm her down.

The shortest let out a distressed sigh, stabbing the straw of her own strawberry milk and taking a sip.

"I mean, I just wanna ask him how his sleep went, and then he replied with a fuck off," she mocked and rolled her eyes. "What's so bad about that?"

"Um, nothing, but... how did you talk?"

"Telepathy"

Yeji's jaw dropped as he looked at the youngest, who also had the same expression.

"Dude, it took a year for me to discover telepathy!" Yeji exclaimed.

"Cool, I haven't met mine yet." Naih added with a sigh, glancing at her leaf tattoo.

"Oh, sweetie, you will get there; fate will do the work, but yeah, I guess he just had a bad day."

"Then every day is a bad day, then? What's his problem?" she grumbled and pushed herself up, startling the two.

"I'll be at the classroom." she said, then stomped away.

"Um, are you sure she's angry?"

"I don't think so.. Yeoreum isn't that one who gets mad easily.. a secondhand anger maybe?"

"Soulmate bonds are crazy."

"Don't sweat it. It's the sweetest thing to happen."

☀️

Yeoreum's been walking for 15 minutes now, her ears stuffed with airpods as her hands gripped the bag straps as usual.

Her short hair being waved behind, bangs lightly being carried by the wind as her eyes glued on the asphalt road, the familiar feeling of loneliness strikes her.

She sighed. The current song playing almost reached the end.

As soon as the instrumentals faded, a sharp thing came into contact with her rib, making her halt her tracks but push forward.

"Walk" the person whispered, deep and raspy, making her eyes widen.

It looks like her feet stuck, but she continued to drag forward due to excessive fear and nervousness.

Her breaths became uneven, and the grip on her straps tightened as she took a glimpse down. Seeing a small shiny metal being pushed on her side, her thick pink hoodie couldn't cover the feeling of something being pricked.

Yeoreum's breaths started to shake; the 6 PM streets don't have that many people, mentally cussing why it has to be today.

"Wallet"

"W-what?"

"You heard me."

She gulped down, her shaky hands trailing in her pocket.

"Hurry"

"W-why me?"

"Just shut up!" he lowly snarled and pushed the small knife further, making her yell.

H-hyuck

"Wallet or life?"

"Please no-" but she was cut off with the metal digging her skin, almost making a cut.

Hyuck help

"Hurry up, sweetheart."

Hyuck please–

☀️

"Hey, isn't that Yeoreum?"

By the sound of her name, Donghyuck immediately snapped her head where Jisung's been pointing.

"Where?"

"Duh, hyung, the girl with a pink hoodie—oh, who's that man?"

Squinting his eyes, he finally saw her familiar figure, walking ever so slowly with a man beside her wearing a suede jacket.

"Is he her friend?"

"I don't think so" Chenle butted in.

[H-hyuck]

Donghyuck's breath hitched, pushing Jisung away, and he strode in the direction.

[Hyuck help]

"Shit" he then ran the fastest he could, clenched fists as he saw how the man's hand pushed the shiny metal on her rib.

[Hyuck please]

"How about a no?"