CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Yeoreum jumped off her bed and grabbed a hoodie from the rack, stuffing in her phone and wallet before stepping out. The loud slamming of her bedroom door caused the older man to jolt up.

Disoriented, he walked out of his room just to see the girl near the doorway slipping in her shoes.

"Reum, it's 11 PM." he groggily said as he rubbed his eyes, walking to her.

"Yoon! Donghyuck is hurt!"

By that, the older man snapped his tired eyes open, feeling his whole system wake up.

"He got shot" she said, remembering her soulmate's words followed by an I'm fine.

Yoonoh tensed up and warily looked at the girl, who seemed so rushed.

"He'll be"

"No! I have to be there! I can heal him, Yoon." she began pleading, making the boy sigh and decide to take her there.

"Stay here"

☀️

Zooming through the gates, Yeoreum flung the main door open, catching the boys' attention.

"Yeoreum?" Renjun called, shocked to see her, but his breath hitched when he caught sight of the man trailing behind her.

Yoonoh threw a look, making Renjun, Jisung, and Jeno shut up, fully aware that the girl still didn't know about him in a gang before.

"W-where's Donghyuck?" she breathed out, her eyes shaking as she eyed the boys.

Jeno looked at Yoonoh for a second, asking permission when the older man simply nodded.

"Follow me" he said, and he walked away at a normal pace, just for the girl to at least keep up.

Yoonoh's eyes trailed to them both, then he made his way deep into the living room.

"Is Jaemin present?"

"Yeah, he's in his room." Jisung answered.

"Should you be sleeping at this hour?"

"Jeno and Jisung just got back from roaming around the area. I checked the security." Renjun explained, and the oldest of them nodded.

"Good work then."

"Umm, hyung?" Jisung started, "When are you going to tell her?"

Yoonoh just flashed a reassuring smile. "One of these days, I guess" he shrugged.

Jeno and Yeoreum stopped in the last room down the hallway. The boy looked down at her and nudged his head on the door.

"he's inside"

"This is his room?"