CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

The moment Yeoreum stepped into the unit, she caught sight of a certain person sitting beside her cousin—one that she never expected to see in this span of time.

He was wearing a loose white shirt, his collarbones peeking out, tucked in tight denim jeans that's hugging his thighs. a brown belt encircling his waist—he was stunning, ravishing, and too perfect to look, but Yeoreum instantly ripped the eye contact and made her way to her bedroom, closing the door, unlocked.

She slumped on the bed, thinking about the possibilities of why he was present.

Maybe he has some serious talk with Yoonoh?

Maybe Yoonoh called for some reason?

Maybe he's–

"Don't think too much; you'll get wrinkles."

She snapped up in shock, meeting with his usual orbs that've been lightly hidden with some strands of his bangs that've gotten much longer through the lower part of his eyes.

She's happy to see him, of course.

But the raging excitement?

"It's not 5 days, Hyuck." she said.

There's none. She had enough.

"I just came here."

"If you checked on me because Yoonoh told you so, I'm fine. Go back there now and continue talking." she deadpanned and pulled out a pair of pajamas from her closet, then slammed the bathroom door closed when she stepped in.

Donghyuck stood there, shocked. Frozen on the spot as his grip on the doorknob tightened.

He opened his mouth to call for her, but shaky breaths were the only ones escaping.

"I didn't come here because Jaehyun told me so." he mumbled under his breath.

"I felt the need to see you." he added, but received no response; only the running water from the shower has been heard.

He took a deep sigh, his eyes raking to the once bright interior of her room, but all he could see was darkness.

The light was turned off.

The once blue curtains, which are now black, drawing down, restricting the light from the moon from passing in.

The once-glow stars on the ceiling that've been radiating calm energy have now turned into a pit of loneliness.

He stood there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting, but she hasn't come out for the last 30 minutes.

He shrugged off the weight on his heart, dragging his feet to the closed white doors.

"Yeoreum.."

The girl inside covered her mouth, suppressing the cries and sobs escaping, not wanting for him to hear.

She's actually done wearing her night clothes, and all she needs to do is jump back on the bed and sleep.

She doesn't have the energy to see him.

The once-excitement turned into a painful reality that's eating her to death.

"Reum," he called again.

"Go away" she said after clearing her throat.

Donghyuck sighed for the umpteenth time and nodded to himself.

It's his fault; he knew

She grew tired; he knew

Now that the sun of his life is floating down, the glimmering rays of her happiness have turned to dark, muffled cries.

She became the moon that was hidden behind the glow of another sun. He wanted to pull her back.

Between the uncontrolled thoughts clouding his mind, he didn't notice the hot tears gliding on his cheeks.

Just when the door opened and gentle fingers were brushing it away, he looked at her.

"Stop crying and go home,. she softly said, pushing him until he reached the doorway. "You should be healing right now because I'm touching you."

"I'm not hurt," he cuts in, almost whispering. "I came here personally."

Yeoreum just nodded and opened the door. "Go home safe, Hyuck."

And the next thing he knew, he's already driving between the dead street at 10 PM, crying throughout the ride as one hand gripped the wheel while the other was harshly wiping it away.