CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

It's the first day of October, the last month of autumn, and also the grand day of all the participating ballerinas in the mid-year ballet competition.

Both Yeoreum and Yeji are busy snapping pictures of each other; at every corner, every angle, and every step, the flashes of the camera are everywhere.

"Wherever I go, pose," Yeji said, bubbly, and leaned against a wall rack.

"Whatever I touch, pose," she said, then touched an umbrella with a side profile.

"When the camera flicks, pose."

"Gosh, Yeji, how many more do you want?" Yeoreum playfully rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"Did you capture enough? Stand there, and I will take a picture." she said, grabbing the DSLR off her hold.

"But I already have many." the short-haired whined.

"Nope, not satisfied." the brunette argued back and pushed her to a white wall with a frame of Odette, the swan princess, hanging on top.

"Okay 1...2...3-"

"Wait!"

Yeji raised a brow and watched as the other straightened her gold top-up skirt.

"Okay go!" she said, brushed her bangs, fixing them, and walked back to where she was.

"Okay 1..2..3...perfect!"

Yeoreum giddily skipped in her direction and clapped, satisfied with the shot.

"Girls! Gather around!" Jinri called and clapped two times, gathering the group of 23.

"You good?" Yeji whispered, and Yeoreum just smiled.

"Better than ever."

☀️

"I thought it was a musical theater." Jisung mumbled as he crossed one leg over the other as he munched through popcorn.

"It's a typical ballet, Ji." Chenle replied, shamelessly dug his hand into the younger's bucket, even though he has one himself.

"Ah! Chen-"

"Shhh, kids, you're not the only one here" Jeno hushed, making Chenle snort.

"I'm not a kid" the youngest pouted.

Yeah, when Jisung says he's not a kid, then he's not.

The row is occupied by the seven boys— six Dreamies, and Yoonoh.

He's the most excited one, being present at his cousin's performance again after missing it four times.

Well, the boys also didn't tell her that they'd come, except Jaemin.

So they came up with a surprise and suffocated her with a lot of hugs after.