CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Clear," Donghyuck mumbled on his earpiece, crouching down the corner, hiding in the shadows of the stacked boxes.

[Hyuck, there's a door five steps on your right. It's the office of the secretary.]

[Jeno, can you kill Jaemin? He's so loud.]

"Ouch, Jeno, the fuck?"

Donghyuck sighed for the umpteenth time, deciding to just focus on the mission.

They're tracing the possible connection of Jin Finance Corp. with the other gangs, thus raiding the closed building and looking for some clues.

"Jisung, where are you?"

[Vice's with Chenle]

"Mark?"

[Waiting at the van, where else?]

Donghyuck snorted and stifled his laughs. The older man's grumbles filled his earpiece.

Well, he did instruct the boy to stay because he's loud, continuously scolding him for being too harsh to Yeoreum.

Well, what do they expect from a Lee Donghyuck?

Ever since his 18th birthday and the tattoo showed up, he hated the look of it. He hated the fact that he has someone to look for and care for; heck, he can't even take care of himself.

For some boys like him, all he thinks about is trouble, doing missions, and killing people.

The moment the sun tattoo showed up, all he could think of was: his soulmate deserves better.

Even the tattoo contrasted with his life.

His life is rather dark, not bright.

It's cold, not warm.

Dangerous, not comfortable.

He even hated the bright light inside the house, the light in his room, and the summer season.

So why the sun?

[Hey, does anyone know the bar code symbol?]

Chenle's voice ripped him out of his trance, standing up straight from crouching down the secretary's drawers.

"What bar code?"

[I don't know, I'm not familiar, but it's stuck on a flash drive. I'm taking this.]

"So any clues from the PS?"

[Jeno's working on the safe] Jaemin answered.

[Um, Jeno, you can just bring the whole safe.] Renjun said.

"I think we're done here. No clues from the sec. Go back to the van now."

His eyes then flickered to the last drawer he hadn't opened.

Carefully, he opened it, seeing nothing but a pin with a bar code symbol