CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Here, let him in" Yoonoh quickly said, opening the bedroom door wider so the two boys could enter.

Mark gasped lightly, seeing the now-sleeping girl, who's almost lifeless; her color and complexion are the same as the boy he's carrying.

Donghyuck grunted when he felt someone putting him down, his body sinking on a soft duvet, making his muscles feel at ease.

Yoonoh let out a sharp exhale, his eyes trembling as he observed the soulmates who's now lying on the bed.

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Mark asked.

The older person returned with a nod and stepped out of the room, with the younger person following.

"As long as they're breathing, then they're fine."

Behind the barriers of the door is the weakening boy.

His eyelids were heavy as he squinted his eyes open, trying so hard to clear his vision, but all he could see was a blur. The blurry figure of someone beside him.

He winced in pain, his hand crawling on her face as his shaky fingers trailed on her cold skin, and his hand dropped on hers.

☀️

Yeoreum let out a low groan, feeling the rays of the blazing sun hitting her face.

Her throat dry, her lips chapped as she tried to move a single muscle on her face, only to whimper.

She slowly opened her eyes, lashes fluttering as she caught sight of her usual galaxy blue ceiling, with glow stars of different sizes sticking on it.

Yeoreum sighed, feeling every thump of her heartbeat.

"I'm alive" she breathed out, and she was about to prop her elbows up when a certain weight on her hand restricted her

Snapping at the direction, her eyes widened to see a mop of curly brown hair.

She then trailed on her hand, which was clasped on his, feeling heat rising on her cheeks.

Just then, she realized what happened.

Yeoreum frantically brushed his hair away from his face, cupping his swollen cheeks and thumb-brushing on his now-naturally warm skin.

He was probably on the brink of death last night too.

"H-hey.. Donghyuck"

By now, her lips were pulled up in a small smile, seeing his chest slowly rise and fall.

His name being called made his nose scrunch, and a small whine was heard right after.

The girl giggled and just stared at him for a long time, adoring his uniquely tanned complexion, peaceful face, and still pale lips.

Donghyuck groaned, and his hand squeezed hers. His brows furrowed when he felt something weirdly small, soft, and warm.