CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

The moment he finally cuddled Yeoreum to sleep, Yoonoh couldn't suppress his anger any more.

Can't go on in a millisecond further as he hit the gas and drove on the dead streets of 2 AM.

Not caring about his disheveled bed hair, not to mention that he just slipped in random shoes, which are, luckily, his blue trainers.

His eyes are getting darker and darker every second that passes, but he still has to grit his teeth and calm down before he'll get into an accident himself.

He zoomed through the familiar outcast neighborhood, one that is surrounded by empty lawns and forest trees.

Once he reached the house, he didn't waste any more breaths scanning his fingerprint in the secluded spot that only a few people knew.

The gate alarms startled Renjun. He groggily looked at the screens, and his eyes widened.

"Oh boy" he breathed out, and he ran out of the media room.

He rushed downstairs, and the main door banged open at the same time, revealing a wild Jaehyun.

"H-hyung–"

"WHERE'S DONGHYUCK!?"

The roaring voice woke all the boys up, even Chenle and Jisung, who'd cuddled up in Chenle's room after tireless rounds of Mario Kart.

"I believe he's not here." Mark's hoarse voice said, and his tired figure showed up behind Renjun.

"THEN WHERE THE FUCK?"

"Hyungs! What's happening?" Jisung yelled out while rushing down the stairs.

"GET ME DONGHYUCK OR ELSE."

The sound of the door opening caught their attention, revealing the one and only Lee Donghyuck, who's stumbling by the doorway while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Who's car is–"

"YOU FUCKED UP BASTARD!" Yoonoh raged and grabbed him by the collar.

Donghyuck is helplessly thrown on the hard floor. His eyes widen as he feels the effects of alcohol and drugs slowly leave his system.

"Are you sober now?" He then held the younger by his shirt and pulled him up.

The hint of excessive anger showed through his hostile eyes.

If he had a gun in hand, Donghyuck  might be dead by now.

"HYUNG! STOP IT! YOU'LL HURT YEOREUM TOO!" Mark voiced out and rushed to the two, pulling Yoonoh's hand away.

At the sound of her name, his grip began to soften until his hand dropped.

Donghyuck is now being held up by Jaemin just so he won't stumble again.

Yoonoh yelled in anger, messing with his hair as his jaw clenched.

"I FUCKING WANNA KILL YOU, BUT YOU'RE TIED UP WITH HER, AND I FUCKING HATE IT!"

"H-hyung.. let's calm down."

"DON'T GET ME STARTED MARK LEE, THAT FUCKED UP OF A LEADER YOU HAVE, JUST WENT FOR A NIGHT OUT IN DRUGS AND YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN? DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW IT AFFECTS YEOREUM!? FUCKING HELL NOW SHE PROBABLY WOKE UP AGAIN BECAUSE I HURT YOU!" he spat in a single breath and pointed to the now speechless boy.

"I remember giving you a warning if you hurt her, but I can't even land a hand on you because of that fucking bond of yours."

The other boys just stood there, frozen on the spot.

Donghyuck had his head hung low, aware of the disgusting stares he got.

"All you need is to care for her and eventually love her. Is that even hard to do?" he ruffled his already messed hair and threw his head back with a sharp exhale.

"I don't know what to do with you now." he breathed out and threw a piercing glare.

"For once, I'm not even happy that Yeoreum has a soulmate."

Angry steps passed by them, followed by a loud slam of the door. They swore that if the house is not strongly built, it's probably breaking down by now.

The roaring car engine filled their ears until they fainted, and now the air is dead silent once again.

No one had the guts to talk; they only shared glances and sneaky glimpses of the frail boy.

Even Mark kept silent.

The thick air of anger and disappointment drowned Donghyuck down.

He squirmed out of Jaemin's hold and walked limp to the staircase.

Once Donghyuck is in fair distance, they all breathe out the air that they've been holding in, feeling all goosebumps creeping out on their skin.

"Holy shit, he's dead." Jeno muttered, earning a slap on the arm from Jaemin.

"What now?" Chenle cautiously asked.

Mark sighed and massaged his temples. "By now, go rest in your rooms. And I know you are all disappointed in him, and I am too. But let's be there for him, aye? He needs us even if he's not the type to ask for help. We're the only family he has."

The boys replied with a series of nods, and with further dismissals, they all went back to their rooms.