CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Young Donghyuck doesn't support violence, but when rainbows suddenly disappeared and the loud thundering thud of a body flashed in front of his eyes, he stopped functioning.

He remembered how he wailed and squirmed out of an unknown man's hold.

He remembered how he shouted different curse words in terms that he knew.

He remembered the horrifying sight of the red liquid pooling under his father's body.

"What can you say, little sunshine? Did you like what you saw?"

That teasing eye and awful grin, booming laugh, and that certain scenario, which he called evil, but that evil itself surrounded his whole existence.

The anger that built up, the grudge that flowed out when he skillfully snatched the knife off the man's hold and stabbed him square on his chest without further hesitation.

When he twisted the metal, pulled it out, and stabbed it back. When the man scoffed and breathed for the last time until he dropped dead. When he stared at his hands, covered in blood, reality hits him.

He is the son of a well-known mafia boss, and that evil fully ate him up.

He never knew the meaning of being a devil until he reflected on it himself.

He is one of them.

Donghyuck pulled up in an old, rusty house, slamming the car door closer than it normally is.

He leaped through the fences, landing on both feet skillfully without a sound.

He pulled out a gun from his holster as he kicked the front door open, immediately firing.

A painful yell was then heard right after, causing the boy to smirk behind the mask.

Donghyuck crouched down to meet the older man's height, harshly held his chin, and tilted up.

"S-spare m-me"

"After giving me access to IKON, then okay."

He saw how the man's eyes widened by a fraction, and then shaky breaths escaped his lips.

"I-I.."

"Tic toc tic toc-"

"I retired!" he cried.

Donghyuck scoffed and looked at the interior for a few seconds, then back at the man.

"Your name?"

"Jisoon"

"Han Soyeon's father, right?"

"S-SPARE MY DAUGHTER! I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT!"

The boy deeply chuckled. Just what he expected.

"Okay"

The man gulped down and reached for the visible chain on his neck, pulling it out.