CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

"Come in," Taeyong invited, and the three gladly entered the office.

The leader's office

"Say, Yong, do you live here?" Yoonoh asked as he looked at every structure, which is surprisingly neat.

"I don't know.. am I?" he grinned and plopped on the swivel chair, twirling it around. "Ahh, I missed this."

"Are you coming back?" Donghyuck asked, earning a hum from the leader.

"Why, do you want me to?"

"That will be awesome! Imagine their reactions when it is revealed that the great king of all times, Lee Taeyong, will come back." Mark beamed while running his fingers through the clean drawers.

"NCT retired for a reason, boys. That's why we formulated Dream as an independent group, right?"

That made Mark pout, but his face lit up the second he found IKON's drawer. "Permission to open?"

"Go on"

He excitedly opened and pulled out a stack of folders and individual papers, hugging them and carefully dropping them on Taeyong's desk.

The other two went as serious as ever, aware of the tension that wiped the bubbly air out.

"Alright, I'm not reading that" Doghyuck said, slumping on the chair in front of the desk.

"I second that. There's too many. I might sleep" Mark added.

Taeyong then shifted to Yoonoh, who just smiled cheekily.

He exhaled sharply and browsed the folders all by himself, knowing that the three wouldn't ever give their time to flood words.

"Where's Taeil if you need him?" he grumbled, causing them to chuckle.

While Yoonoh and Mark engaged themselves in random conversations in English, Donghyuck kept his eyes on the papers.

It lulled him to sleep, but the thought of seeing anything that might help them kept him awake.

"So Yunhyeong came?" Taeyong voiced out after a good 30 minutes of silence.

"Yeah" he simply answered, and once again, his words popped into his mind.

He sighed, mentally cussing.

[Hyuck?]

His eyes instantly widened and frozen on the spot.

[Are you okay?]

He fought the tempting situation to reply and reminded himself not to speak on his mind again.

[Umm, okay, stay safe.]

And that was the last message he got throughout the day.

☀️

"Any shit things?" Jeno asked as he plopped down beside the leader.

"Just some messy files of their raid plans between the other gangs. The recent ones are from the StrayKids' reports. Prolly because Woojin and SKZ are inactive, they took the chance to barge in." Donghyuck answered, taking a sip of his cola.

"Any connection in NCT?"

"There is"

Jeno's ears perked up.

"Taking Jaemin down"

"Stop," Donghyuck suddenly butted in, and Taeyong did stop browsing in shock.

"Huh?" the older reactedand Donghyuck stormed beside him.

Even Yoonoh and Mark dropped their useless topics and ran to them.

"Na Sungmin..Kim Hyunsuk..Jung Bomi." Mark reads and looked at Yoonoh.

The older man just stayed silent as his eyes were busy reading.

"Who wrote this?" Donghyuck asked.

Taeyong peeked at the back of the folder and said, "This was Yuta's investigation."

"Hanbin must be 10 years old at this time, so Jaemin was 5 and Yeoreum was 4," Taeyong added.

"They really did plan this, huh?" Yoonoh scoffed. "Bold of them."

"Hey, look! A note" mark is pointed at the bottom right corner.

This isn't complete. but I did find out that Hyunsik appointed Hanbin as the leader and made the decision to take down Hana's son, Na Jaemin. Find him, and don't let Ikon know.
- Nakamoto Yuta